Second round...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whmaine

Cook
Doing sliced taters and trying the not-breaded bloomin' onion Larry put up the other day. Pork is in the crock pot until I have room to multitask on indirect. It's beautiful out and I have all the time I need. Taking pics to post at the end...

So I cut down on the coals for this cook and it was my first time using the chimney-can instead of fluid. About half my coals went in unlit and half in the chimney for a minion method start. I think I needed more coals throughout on this one. Lots of trouble keeping my heat up at all. I cracked the lid to help feed the coals but also went through em faster. The taters ended up ok and the pork did fine inside... Still waiting on the onion, which opened well but is still mostly uncooked. Pics soon I hope.

Pics as promised... none of the onion finished, as it opened beautifully but never got really done. I ate it right off the grill and called it good.
[attachment=3:2uibd9dn]IMG_0051[1].JPG[/attachment:2uibd9dn]

[attachment=2:2uibd9dn]IMG_0053[1].JPG[/attachment:2uibd9dn]

[attachment=1:2uibd9dn]IMG_0054[1].JPG[/attachment:2uibd9dn]

[attachment=0:2uibd9dn]IMG_0055[1].JPG[/attachment:2uibd9dn]

I think if I'd gotten the onion on sooner, it could have done well, but by the time I finished with the potatoes, I was about out of heat!

At least we get to eat our mistakes... usually.

Progress is made one step at time. I do see learning in just your first week on the forurm which is excellent. It does take a few cooks to learn your grill. Pics are top notch!!! Keep doing more!

Back
Top Bottom