Scotty, your a genius!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
I've eaten my fair share of clams over the years, steamed, grilled, on the 1/2 shell, you name it! I've never grilled them on the 1/2 shell like Scotty did and that caught my eye. Shucked 3 dozen last night, mix some butter, garlic, red & black pepper and white wine just like Scotty said. Absolutely the best I've ever had! Cooking them this way you can get them just as they are done, not like steaming where they are over done or grilled where they are over done! Brilliant Scotty, brilliant!
Shucked and ready
[attachment=4:3hvpok4v]IMG_0030.JPG[/attachment:3hvpok4v]

On the grill
[attachment=3:3hvpok4v]IMG_0031.JPG[/attachment:3hvpok4v]

Just about done
[attachment=2:3hvpok4v]IMG_0032.JPG[/attachment:3hvpok4v]
Ready
[attachment=1:3hvpok4v]IMG_0034.JPG[/attachment:3hvpok4v]
Not a Cohiba, but it will do
[attachment=0:3hvpok4v]IMG_0035.JPG[/attachment:3hvpok4v]

Thanks Scotty!

Attachments

• IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 545
I asked for clams yesterday, but they were out. I know what I'm doing for dinner tonight! Very nice Nicky!

Fine looking shell fish. Now the Lord did instruct us to eat only those critters from the sea which come equipped with fins and scales. You boys could be in a heap o trouble on this deal.

bigwheel

Okay, I just shucked 50 cherrystone clams because of the raving.......they better be good! I'm thinking of adding a little paresean cheese to the tops? That pisses Scotty off, that's the main reason I'm doing it.

Larry Wolfe said:
Okay, I just shucked 50 cherrystone clams because of the raving.......they better be good! I'm thinking of adding a little paresean cheese to the tops? That pisses Scotty off, that's the main reason I'm doing it.
Thats a good idea! Not piss off Scotty, just the cheese!

Larry Wolfe said:

img_221988_0_03664a7f7196b035bd8ee218938e67d5.jpg
Eh, big boy...comere you. GET OUT !!!!!!!!!!!

Nick & Larry...how many clams could you eat? No one else in my house will eat these I'm sure of it...and if I have to get "X" amount I want to make sure I can eat them all MESELF.

Greg Rempe said:
Nick & Larry...how many clams could you eat? No one else in my house will eat these I'm sure of it...and if I have to get "X" amount I want to make sure I can eat them all MESELF.

If you like clams to begin with, you could easily eat all 50+. If you're not a clam fanatic, you could probably eat 10-15. I love clams and my daughter had about 10, I had the rest and wanted more.

Back
Top Bottom