Sage Rubbed Pork Tenderloin & Sage Butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redflea

Cook
In the Pork recipes forum...a family favorite. The crust is oh so tasty...

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21563&p=270240#p270240

pork-tenderloin-su-1622411-l.jpg

Mighty fine job on that one. The flavor of sage and hawg meat just compliment each other. Sorta like bread and butter.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Mighty fine job on that one. The flavor of sage and hawg meat just compliment each other. Sorta like bread and butter.

bigwheel

It's funny you mention 'bread and butter'............another member and myself were discussing you earlier and agreed you had no idea what a good 'Jewish Marble Rye' was........I said the only bread you know of is Wonder and he replied.......'Bigwheel considers Sunbeam bread a treat'...is there any truth to that?

Nice cook Flea!!

bbquzz said:
Great lookin' tenderloin, I could reach in and take a couple medallions. The picture is super, great camera work and staging.

I wish I could claim I took that pic - if I remember correctly, it's from the actual Sunset article where the recipe came from.

Thanks for the comments, all...we make this one pretty regularly, and the leftovers disappear very quickly... :)

Well funny this bread topic should arise. Was raised on Mrs. Bairds white bread..which has since been bought by guest workers from Mejico...and was always called light bread so to differentiate it from biscuits and cornbread etc. Discovered Wheat bread in early adulthood and now we eat strictly 100% Whole Wheat so to be healthy and we like the flavor. Now Jewish Rye bread finds it highest honor in the form of a Reuben sandwich. Love it in that application but otherwise not my favorite for much else.

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

It's funny you mention 'bread and butter'............another member and myself were discussing you earlier and agreed you had no idea what a good 'Jewish Marble Rye' was........I said the only bread you know of is Wonder and he replied.......'Bigwheel considers Sunbeam bread a treat'...is there any truth to that?

Nice cook Flea!!

bigwheel said:
Well funny this bread topic should arise. Was raised on Mrs. Bairds white bread..which has since been bought by guest workers from Mejico...and was always called light bread so to differentiate it from biscuits and cornbread etc. Discovered Wheat bread in early adulthood and now we eat strictly 100% Whole Wheat so to be healthy and we like the flavor. Now Jewish Rye bread finds it highest honor in the form of a Reuben sandwich. Love it in that application but otherwise not my favorite for much else.

bigwheel

I'll take that rye w/a big pile of hot pastrami, mustard, lettuce and tomato (though my buddy thinks lettuce and tomato on a pastrami sandwich is an abomination) and be as happy as I could possibly be. :)

I grew up on the wonderful Wonderbread - favorite lunch sandwich grades 4-6 was Wonderbread, two slices Oscar Meyer baloney, French's yellow mustard, and some margarine. Put it in Flinstones lunch box and let sit under thermos for three and a half hours until somewhat squished and warm and greasy...yummmmmmmmmmmmm! :D

Got to have swiss cheese and sour kraut on mine. Spicy mustard good too. I see some recipes which call for Thousand Island Dressing. That ok.

bigwheel

Goober said:
Got to have swiss cheese and sour kraut on mine. Spicy mustard good too. I see some recipes which call for Thousand Island Dressing. That ok.

bigwheel

Swiss cheese and sour kraut on baloney! And I thought my bacon/peanut butter on toasted bread sandwich was kinda out of the ordinary. :D

Yeppers guess we had a brief failure to co-moonicate. Now not trying to mislead you here I dont need much excuse to have kraut. Think there must have been a dumb Pollock in the woodshed over at my house at some time in the distant past. Now I LOVE Kim Chee. Guessing there musta been an oriental Korean got tangled up in there too.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom