Rotisserie Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oak

Senior Cook
I was once on business trip and I needed something for dinner. Everything was closed so I bought one of them rotisserie chickens from the supermarket. The damn thing had been so overcooked I almost choked because it was so dry.

This was much better. Rotisserie Chicken with America's Test Kitchen Pantry Spice Rub for Chicken (2tbs cumin, 2 tbs curry powder, 1 tbs allspice, 1 tbs black pepper, and 1 tsp cinnamon). I finished it with a honey mustard glaze (1/4 C honey, 2 tbs soy sauce, and 3 tbs Dijon mustard).

Oh yeah that looks great. I'm doing the low carb diet and had the same thing last night. No pics though.

ScottyDaQ said:
Looks great !
Never tried Cumin on chicken before....how was it?

I'll admit, I tasted the dry rub before putting it on the birds and all I could taste was the allspice. I thought, this is going to be different. After I put the birds on the grill they smelled heavenly.

The birds tasted great on their own, but the honey mustard glaze turned the chickens into an addiction.

Do look mighty nice. I have a feeling that Rotessing is the ultimate way to cook any type of barnyard avian including but not limited to chickens. Sure I have tole this story before...but here I go again. Well heeled old chum was having a bunch of folks over for Thanksgiving so he decided to do a cooking taste test using 3 turkeys. One turkey got itself smoked..one fried..and the other got twirled on the rotess of his gasser. Hands down winner was the one which had got spun on the gasser. Now if a person add a little smoke to that equation think it would be an unstoppable combo. Great job.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Do look mighty nice. I have a feeling that Rotessing is the ultimate way to cook any type of barnyard avian including but not limited to chickens.

bigwheel

I don't usually say this in public, but I agree with Bigwheel.

Nice job!!!

Back
Top Bottom