Rib Roast.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
OK, what is the basic time curve for a large 8 bone standing rib roast on a kettle? I will prolly bone it ,( then get somebody to take the bones out of it.....ba da boom!) Also, do those charcoal baskets thet Weber hawks perform any worthwhile function, or can a pro like myself get away with just putting a large foil fan down the middle and heap the charcoal on the sides? Oh my! it's like a whole new , scary world , this grilling! SUSAN! HOLD MY HAND!!!!!!!

Woody,

Here's how I would do it. If you're using Kingsford, light about one full chimney and get it good and glowing, dump those coals on one side of the charcoal grate, put a drip pan on the other side of the grate.

Sear your roast directly over the coals and get a good sear on it, on all sides, then move directly over the drip pan, put the lid on, crank your bottom vents until they are almost closed, get a temp of 325-350 in the grill and take the roast to an internal of 125. Pull loosely wrap in foil and let rest 15-20 minutes.

Should be a nice med rare. Throw a chunk or two of wood on the coals and put the lid vent directly over the meat.

woodweber
I use the weber baskets 2 each a water pan fits perfect between them
Makes clean up a breaze

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom