Retrofitting Viking Gas Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zb411

Assistant Cook
Hi all - had a few questions retro-fitting my old Viking gas grill (model # VGBQ5304RE2LSS) to add ceramic briquettes like the new models have. The current grill has heat shields but I have had issues with flare ups in the past and have read that the ceramic briquette solution might be superior to that of the heat shields. After talking with the parts department at Viking their view was that this old model cannot be "upgraded" to the ceramic briquette parts but I find it hard to believe there are not 3rd party OEM solutions I could explore. Has anyone had experience in this area and, if so, could you suggest any briquette trays that could potentially work on our grill? Appreciate the help and let me know if you need any further info!

I'm not familiar with Viking grills so not sure what will work and what won't... Here's a web site for a place I've ordered parts from in the past. If you don't find your gill listed (they have an extensive Viking list) then you can also search for parts by type of product - burners, rocks, grillwork, etc. and find something that will work. For instance, parts on my 35 year old grill no longer appear as available but I was able to search by size/shape and find something that worked.

Good luck.

https://www.clagrills.com/index.htm

Back
Top Bottom