Recommended Rotisseries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LowRent

Senior Cook
I’m new to the rotisserie game, and I’m looking for recommendations for a rotisserie. I’ve seen prices from $30 to $130 so far. Obviously not all rotisseries fit all grills, but after a quick look it appears that many rotisseries will work on many different grills. In particular, it appears that there are many rotisseries that will fit your average gass grill.

I have a charcoal Bar-B-Chef Texas Grill. It is basically the same shape/size as a typical 4 burner gasser. Other than the $130 33â€

Chris Finney said:
Check out the EZ-Que. They make one that would fit your NEW grill. Susan and Bruce have them. They just ran a special deal for people on the TVWB site.

OK. I saw that I missed a deal by about a week. Ouch. That hurts. I haven't seen the Bar-B-Chef roti. So, I don't know if it looks superior/same/inferior to the EZ-Que. I do know that the EZ-Que looks very nice.

I ordered 1 from the guy from TVWBB and recieved it Sat. I haven't used it yet but I can tell you it is a quality piece of equipment. Should last me a lifetime!

I just got my EZ Que Hobo yesterday. I agree w/Nick, the thing is pretty high quality. Took about a minute to put together. I did notice the motor was pretty loud, though. Might have to crank the tunes a little higher when it's running at our neighborhood bonfires this summer.... :badgrin: Plenty big enough for 2 chickens...

Rob

Susan Z said:
Oooh, I got the hobo but haven't opened it! The regular motors aren't too loud (or at least aren't any louder than the weber). If I have time I might tear into the box today just to take a look at the thing. Too exciting!

Maybe it's just me, then. But I think it's pretty loud compared to the one on my Vermont Castings.

Susan, I'm suprised at you! I would think you've already cranked out 10 chickens and a pork roast on it! Must be in the pile next to the Sportsman... :p

Rob

Sounds like the EZ Que is the way to go. I'm still not crystal clear on which model would fit my grill, but I'm pretty sure I can get the manufacturer to tell me.

After blowing a chunk of change on the new grill & accessories, I'm going to have to hold off on the roti purchase for a while. I'll probably ask for one for my birthday or Christmas.

I'll keep an eye on roti talk in the mean time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom