Quickie/Easy - Cedar Plank Salmon "fast food"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redflea

Cook
Had a hankering for some fish, had little time tonight as had to go to band practice (community band) so we did a quick and easy cedar plank salmon.

About 25 minutes indirect w/two burners running around 3/4 power (middle burner off).

Yeah - this was a complex, labor intensive grill work. <Whew> I was exhausted! :D

It came out (as it always does) tender, moist, and very tasty. Used Weber Zesty Lemon seasoning...next time I'll use more - it didn't have as much punch as I wanted.

Enjoyed it w/some lightly cooked green beans and yummy slices of a fresh French baguette dipped in olive oil/10 year old balsamic vinagrette w/some crushed garlic and pepper flakes. Kind of our family's version of fast food.

Was so hungry forgot to take any pics on the grill...here's part way through the denoument.

img_232211_0_affdcff7b613504911c0be3d097c4881.jpg

bbquzz said:
The problem for us poor "inlanders" is no good salmon at a reasonable price. Sounds like a good meal.

That would make me sad...forget how lucky I am have easy access to this stuff. :)

What I didn't include this time, is vegetables...you can add mushrooms, carrots, onions, etc., and they get nicely roasted as well.

This preparation gives me the most tender, moist salmon, it's really nice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom