Pulled Pork - good times

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
Was a busy weekend. Cooked some ribs last Friday with decent results. I needed to pay more attention to what I was doing. I cooked 3 racks.

Capt. Morgan suggested Apple juice but I could not seem to wrangle any. I used apples. Next time I'm using the juice.
IMG_1666.jpg

Slaw! My favorite salad. Had out the Kroger's Thick and Spicy but ended up making sauce.
IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ypRHiEvg9G4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ypRHiEvg9G4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BBQ Sauce Recipe - Tomato Based
1/2 large Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
1 Tablespoon Butter
6oz can Tomato Paste
6oz Water
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Kentucky Bourbon
2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
Pinch Cinnamon

Sautee onion and bell pepper until onion is light brown.
Add everything else and eat through.

BBQ Sauce Recipe - Vinegar Based
1 Cup White Vinegar
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Black Pepper

Mix together in a bowl or jar until brown sugar melts and pour into a jar.

Butter for Roasted Corn
1/2 Habanero Pepper, minced
2 or so Tablespoons Onion, minced.
1 stick salted butter

Melt the butter and stir in the Hab and onion. As it cools give it a stir to keep it mixed.

Enjoy!

Bryan

looks pretty good to me.....if you don't have apple juice, just
add a little water in the foil to create a moister environment.

Capt,

I sure learned a lot about spare ribs. Water would have worked nicely. One rack was really dry and the other two were pretty good. Like I said, next time I have spare ribs I will be better prepared to do it right. Thanks for your insight.

My brother still swears by boiling them and I just can't bring myself to boil meat unless its corned beef.

Looks tasty! Did you like what the apples did, but think the juice would be better or were the apples of no use?

I am a sauce addict so I will be trying yours soon! :LOL:

Don't think the apples made a big difference except for the moisture they gave up. I think juice would be the way to go, or cider. I am excited to try again.

I have a bunch of sauce recipes and would be happy to post some of the better ones. The one I used for the ribs and the butt is my bourbon bbq sauce. Its not quite as sweet as my normal sauces, but pretty good. I use a butcher cut black pepper which is like a cracked pepper, not a ground pepper. Sounds trivial but makes a difference. I have another bourbon bbq recipe that is excellent but a bit expensive to make a it has maple syrup and vanilla and other pricy ingredients but I will find it and put it in the recipe section. I will drop you a note when I do.

That was a cool video and very informative. Keep making BBQ and more videos please!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom