Prime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Have a look at this plate of steaks on the lower right. These were cooked at the training I attended and mentioned in the general section.

u5a6ymyh.jpg

I know the pic is not high quality but take note of all the juice in the pan. These were cooked in the kitchen using traditional methods. Seared over high heat.

When I was placing my steak on the plate I remember thinking to myself ( the moisture is gone from this meat. It is going to be tough as a boot).

Well, it was perfectly cooked to medium rare and very tender and very flavorful. Very, very tender.

The steak was a 3/4" Prime filet. I can only imagine what a ribeye or NY strip would have been like.

Looks yummy. Never have bumped into any prime meat that I can recall. We snagged some tenderloin chunks marked down at Kroger the other day. Nolan Ryan brand. Guess it was choice or close. Very tender..not much flavor..which is a common affliction for that cut. Now would not mind to try a Prime chuck steak. Bet that would be good..prob a bunch of fat..where the flavor is at..as Joe Ames used to say. Got hold of some CAB Chuck steaks one time and they were nice grillable and tender and packed with flavor. Those cooked on a flat top griddle?

Marks is marks..lol. Dont bother me in the least if they are absent or present. In fact some steak purists insist on a hotter than mofo cast iron skillet swabbed with a piece of suet off the steak in question. Now that will set off the smoke alarm big time. That strategy come out in Texas Monthly many moons ago. Followed the plan religiously for years. Not sure where the choo choo jumped the tracks on the game plan..lol. I tend to fire up the gasser.

Back
Top Bottom