Pot of Chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
Used my Perfect Tortilla molds and put some whole wheat tortillas in them, pot of chili cooking down.
img_253039_0_9fee9417a239ec59ee4bf7931a58b23c.jpg

Pot of chili done cooking
img_253039_1_f71003c48214b04d787d30c13814ce37.jpg

Plated, chili in the tortilla shell, some tortilla chips on the side. Chili topped with cheese and green onion, only thing missing is some sour cream which we ran out of.
img_253039_2_e931bf77d2c8612d2dbc9b6eacd1d551.jpg

Is there a secret to keeping the tortilla bowls from disintegrating under the chili?

For runny chili..eat quick..lol. Now my experiences with this food strategy only extends to Fritoes with Wolf Brand in the can..lol. I bet it would be sorta similar. It really takes a good while to make a Fritoe Pie get soggy. Thick chili might take a week to soak in there. We may need to run some scientifical expuriments on this bizness.

Fritos seem to be protected from getting soggy by vast quantities of fat (see scary label below) but if you are using fresh tortillas there isn't so much ... I'm thinking that lining the hot bowl with some shredded cheese might prevent a blow out - clearly to testing will be needed :)

fritos.jpg

Dang..I knew something was up with them things. We used to buy em to peddle at some chilli extravaganzas and such things. Few freebie retirement parties etc. Got them at Sams in the cases of single serve packs. Mix em up right in the bag with a T or two of either home made or Sams Chili. Know we keep some years past the expiry date..and they tasted just fine. Dont guess the micro world finds grease very healthy either..lol.

Last edited:
Fritos seem to be protected from getting soggy by vast quantities of fat (see scary label below) but if you are using fresh tortillas there isn't so much ... I'm thinking that lining the hot bowl with some shredded cheese might prevent a blow out - clearly to testing will be needed :)

View attachment 4195

I like your thinking. Kinda like BBQing, even the "failures" are delicious.

BOB

That is some good looking food , brother. I can't wait to do some chili or baked beans on my WSM
And after that some smoked Mac n cheese and then some baked zitis with eye-Taliban sausage !

Back
Top Bottom