Porkabobs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
Picked up some center loin pork chops that were on sale at the supper market and cut them up into bite size hunks for kabobs. Put the pork into my vacuum marinade dish with a liberal coating of Kona Coast's Marinade & Grilling Ginger Wasabi Terriyaki. Placed it in the fridge for a couple of hours before grilling.

Coated the cut up vegis with olive oil and a liberal dusting of Knox's Cracked Pepper Dry Rub. You know that stuff is good by all the sneezing you do when you use it. Put all the ingredients on water soaked wood skewers and hit the grill.

Started with the vegis first. Pork is waiting its turn.

After a few turns, the vegis are ready for the indirect side of the grill.

Now it's the pork's turn.

Pork is on the indirect side where I brushed on more of the Kona Coast and allowed it to caramelize.

Finished product ready to eat. No plated picture because the only thing added was some sliced up French baguette bread.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH you sorry SOB! That looks awsome! I'd take down all that right there! Could use some pineapple, but I'd make due. ;) :D

I found the Kona Coast this winter. I bought a 6pk of the spicy teriyaki cause I like it so much. I gotta try that ginger wasabi.

Infact, now that I saw your stuff.....I'm gonna have to marinade some frog legs in the spicy teriyaki.

Great pix, Lew, and outrageous look'n food! Dang I'm hungry now.

muddave said:
That looks outstanding. I need to try somthing that. When grilling like you did do you cook uncovered?
It's kind of both when cooking over direct coals. In other words, when things are looking like they are going to burn up, I slam the lid on until the fire gets back under control. I usually will finish off things on the indirect side to make sure it's cooked through. For thicker cuts of meat and chicken, I will use my Thermapen to make sure it's at the right temperature.

Here's a link: http://www.thermoworks.com/products/the ... gwodCRMRHw

Back
Top Bottom