pork wrapped pork with grilled tater wedges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camp_cookie

Senior Cook
I cut a pork tenderloin into medallions and wrapped each one with bacon. I seasoned them exposed pork/flat sides with Pig Pounda Kappa rub and allowed it to melt into the meat. Next time I may put some on the bacon as well. I grilled them direct over Natures mesquite lump charcoal. The taters were placed in sandwich bags and nuked for ten minutes in the microwave to partially cook them. I placed them on my grill topper and finished them on the grill. They were served with melted butter/kosher salt/fresh ground black pepper.

The charcoal:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag50.htm

img_145763_0_6ba4704db22372bea06eb3083206b6c6.jpg

img_145763_1_8fd04799516ea3b26be1c0cb009dc2e2.jpg

I was instantly hooked on this cook, and it will become a regular.

Looks good Blaze. Where are you and what are you cooking on? I like the idea of nuking the spuds for a while and then finishing them off on the grill. I'm going to give that a try.

Griff said:
Looks good Blaze. Where are you and what are you cooking on? I like the idea of nuking the spuds for a while and then finishing them off on the grill. I'm going to give that a try.

I'm in Northeast Georgia. These were grilled on a Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold.

Nuking the spuds in the plastic buds is a lot easier than parboiling them. If I am cooking in cast iron, I just chop/slice them and throw them in some olive oil, but if cooking on the grill they are much easier to do the other way. I have found they will burn prior to getting done unless they are foiled.

Back
Top Bottom