pork steak (with rub and sauce review)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camp_cookie

Senior Cook
The wife is at work, and the daughter is at her favorite resorts (grandparents); so, I was on my own for lunch today. I picked up a pork steak at Publix (Greenwise from Publix). I seasoned it with some Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom:

img_148303_0_7b802401fb8a480e01f687bea4791b18.jpg

I direct grilled it on my Weber Q 120:

img_148303_1_ac5d252d7a0a14637e828d9f75054d5f.jpg

I also cracked open my bottle of Blues Hog original sauce.

The Swamp Venom definitely has some heat to it. I liked it well enough, but in places where it was heavily concentrated I picked up just a little bit of an overly herby taste that wasn't bad but just wasn't too my preference.

The Blues Hog sauce was very good. It's spicy, but the heat comes at the back and doesn't overwhelm. It's heat combined with the Swamp Venom was a bit much at times though.

Future cooks with the Swamp Venom will be matched up with a sauce on the sweeter side to tame the heat a little bit. I'm anxious to experiment more with the Blues Hog sauce and try it with some other cuts. I think it will be much better with a less heat filled rub and with a thicker cut that has been smoked rather than direct grilled on a gasser.

ScottyDaQ said:
Looks great! Nice pics too. How do you like the G5?

I like it a lot. The only thing that I wish it did better was to reach out and get far off items better. I typically use my Minolta for far off stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom