Pork Loin and Jamaican jerk Sweet Potato

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
Sunday we made pork loin. Rubbed it with Reverend Marvin's as I am still on a Rev. Marvin's kick (will have to order more soon). Then rubbed in Knox's Chipotle BBQ and grilled, indirect. Also grilled sweet potatoes seasoned with Knox's Jamaican Jerk dry rub. The jerk seasoning with the sweet potato is a bit of a match made in heaven. I may make a Jamaican jerk sweet potato pie in the future. I also made a slaw with traditional ingredients plus apples, grapes and papaya pepper sauce. it was a quiet meal to say the least.

Pork Loin, Sweet Potatoes and corn on the cob. And yes, I still cannot find my clip. Still using the potato.
PL_IMG_3376.jpg

Done!
PL_IMG_3385.jpg

The spread
PL_IMG_3389.jpg

The plate.
PL_IMG_3393.jpg

Those potatoes are not pretty but they are really tasty

To be honest, while it was cooking I was helping my neighbor put new brakes on my buddy truck and it got away from me and I forgot to rest it wrapped so it was a little tough.:shock:

I have another one in the freezer and want to cook if for Pressed Cubans sometime soon. I will be more on it next time. Thanks for all the kind words. :D

Capt.

Usually I would melt a stick of butter and add about half a roasted Habanero, minced, and about a tablespoon of minced onion in it. It is not as hot as you would think I guess the butter cuts it down but man it is sure good on the roasted corn. :D

I don't care what you say... those look fantastic! Once I got done lickin' the screen I decided I should get some lunch!! :LOL:

Nice!!!

bknox said:
Capt.

Usually I would melt a stick of butter and add about half a roasted Habanero, minced, and about a tablespoon of minced onion in it. It is not as hot as you would think I guess the butter cuts it down but man it is sure good on the roasted corn. :D

That sound awsome!, the food looks great also.

Back
Top Bottom