Pork fillets and Bacon Wrapped Cheddar filled Potato Cups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
Pork fillets seasoned with Zehnders General Purpose Rub

To make the potato cups I just cut the top and bottom off a potato, took an apple corer and cored out the potato, cut a piece of the cored potato to make a plug which I held in place wit a toothpick and used the corer again to a block of cheddar cheese to get a chunk of cheese that would fit into the potato. Wrapped a slice bacon around the potato and cooked in a CI skillet till the potato was soft/done.

I'm gonna' try them, thanks!

When you say "Zehnders", is that the place in Frankenmuth MI or a different co.?

Hell the Zehnder's Family pretty much owns the whole damn town now. I could have sworn that I posted on this earlier. If you buy the Frankenmuth Seasoning, it is the same thing but cheaper. As for the rub, you would have to look and see if they sell that too. They slap the Zehnder's name on it and raise the price by about 75%. I have family that used to work there, that told me this ;)

We didn't get the chicken but I did want to try the seasoning and they had it on sale so I picked up some. Strikes me kinda of funny a German town is famous for chicken not brats or schnitzel or something of that nature. I looked online to see how they make it and one video I saw they boiled the chicken first, let it cool and then coated it and fried it for around 3 minutes.

Haven't stopped for years but I remember it was great chicken, but I'm betting it wouldn't hold a candle to yours V! There is a Bavarian restaurant across the street as I remember had a huge cuckoo clock with life sized figurines that came out on the hour.

There is a Bavarian restaurant across the street as I remember had a huge cuckoo clock with life sized figurines that came out on the hour.

The Bavarian Inn. Owned by the same family, brothers originally, if I'm remembering correctly.

Yeah Zenhders Family bought them out years ago. There is a whole big story about the Family Chicken Dinner making the town famous, too bad I forgot most of it. My family tries to go there 2, or 3 times a year. Should be heading back in December.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom