Pork chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I rarely cook pork chops but tonight I am going to grill some nice thick center cut chops that have some of the bone left on them.

I made a simple brine using one cup each of salt and light brown sugar.

I was out of kosher so I used some old sea salt that had hardened. I was trying to dissolve both in one cup of boiling water. Not happening so I added another cup. Still notta. Salt would not completely dissolve in even three cups of water.

So then I go get a fresh box of kosher salt and guess what? Almost the same results.

After a google session I learn that salt will not dissolve once the water is saturated.

I knew I should have elected to take chemistry in high school.

Well I have splained previously how the homo Chef in Big D cooks fat porkchops for the Jonas Brothers..but do anybody listen to me? Even though the recipe come out in Peeple Magazine as a grand prize Winner? No. I do it all the time. Get the normal hot sink tap water going as hot as it will go. Dump 1/2 cup any kind of salt owned and 1/4 cup of whatever bbq rub might be on the location...into a one gallon container and top it off with the hot water. Bag up the chops and hot water brine 2 hours in big ziplock or trash bags. Leave it sit at room temp..then drain and dry off the chops..and proceedeth to do what is appropriate. I like a smear with Olive Oyl and a light sprinkle of rub. Dont use much rub. The original 1/4 cup is on the inside of the chops. Highly remarkable and simple process.

Last edited:
No no..look at the science. Cold meat..hot water. It soaks two hours the meat is just broke the chill..it works great. Give it a try. Aint no germ which been devised which can live in hot salty water. Think about the throat gargling thing. It makes them plump up fat and tasty like a Christmas Turkey sorta..lol

Back
Top Bottom