Pizza on the grill..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Anyone do a pizza on the grill ?

My thoughts were to use the pre-cooked type pizza shell, and have a layer of charcol as far away from the pizza as I can ? Any thughts, questions or concerns ?

John, I use the white loaf bread that you get in the frozen bread section. It comes three to a package. I let it thaw and then cut off pieces and roll them out. Spray with EVOO and on to the grill. I usually cover them with an aluminum pan to help bake them. Then when the first side is done flip and put the toppings on and cover again. Hope this helps.

john pen said:
what kind of cooking times am I looking at ?

It goes very quick. You will start to see bubbles of dough form when its ready to flip. Use toppins that are pre cooked or that just need warming. I like grilled chicken and bbq sauce with mozz cheese. YUMMY.

I just scored a bunch of fesh basil from my moms garden...gonna do one with that, fresh moz,some tomatoe slices and garlic...

Also gonna do one with the usual cheese and pepporoni using Witts pepperoni.

some of the stores around here that make there own in store pizzas will seel dough balls, frozen or thawed. they have worked out really well on the grill here. And I agree with Bill...stick to toppings that are cooked or only need warming , these will cook too fast to cook any raw veggies you may try on them.

Well, that was a learning experiance...looks like I need to do personal size pizzas...easier to control...And yes they did cook fast..but they were good...

Thats a good thought John, I dont think we have ever tried doing large Pizzas here. We just do pizza parties and ask everyone to bring their favorite toppings. Then its pick and choose, you get more varieties off the grill at the same time and it makes for a fun time.

Great job there John. Not bad for your first ones. I agree that the smaller ones are easier to control.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom