Pit Beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
While the Top Rounds were on sale I decided to take advantage and go ahead and to pit beef sandwiches for dinner. Lean beef good protein for the diet! I splashed with worchestershire sauce, then rubbed with Wolfe Rub Bold. I'm gonna cook it indirect until it gets close to 100* then finished direct to crust up the outside.

Dinner's done!! I slathered the bun with horseradish, then beef and thin sliced onions. I drizzled just a bit of Bad Bob's special sauce, YUM!!

Let me in on the secret! how and ways of doing that I';m ready to give that a try. Nice looking pit beef there larry.

Greg Rempe said:
Pit beef is with horseradish sauce...not BBQ sauce! :shock:

It's got horseradish sauce on it! I happy to like BBQ sauce on it. FWIW, every Pit Beef restaurant in the area (Bull on the Beach, Boog Powells in Camden Yards, and the Canopy) all sell their PIT BEEF sandwiches with both and the onions. You are listening too much to your idol Mr. Raichlein. He grew up in Baltimore and never even had a pit beef sandwich. So stick that in your pit and smoke it!! [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif]

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":3nf8zg2f]Pit beef is with horseradish sauce...not BBQ sauce! :shock:

It's got horseradish sauce on it! I happy to like BBQ sauce on it. FWIW, every Pit Beef restaurant in the area (Bull on the Beach, Boog Powells in Camden Yards, and the Canopy) all sell their PIT BEEF sandwiches with both and the onions. You are listening too much to your idol Mr. Raichlein. He grew up in Baltimore and never even had a pit beef sandwich. So stick that in your pit and smoke it!! [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif][/quote:3nf8zg2f]

He would have to go into the attic and get it. :roll:

Isn't pit beef cooked on a pit? Seems to me if there was something particular about a spacific recipe being associated with "PIT BEEF" it would be called "Someones Pit Beef".

Good looking PIT BEEF Larry.

Back
Top Bottom