pheasant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
Over Thanksgiving I went pheasant hunting with my oldest son in Oregon. I brought a couple home and cooked them on the WSM at 350* on Sunday. Of course, they were wrapped in bacon.

Griff said:
Over Thanksgiving I went pheasant hunting with my oldest son in Oregon. I brought a couple home and cooked them on the WSM at 350* on Sunday. Of course, they were wrapped in bacon.
]/quote]

we'd expect no less...looks great !

I saw those at the store for $14.00 each... I need to join a hunting club... Looks great Griff :D

Use to get pheasant quite a bit years and years ago when Michigan had a thriving pheasant population, but now unless you have a good bird dog and plenty of luck you'd be lucky to see one in this state....kind of like jobs. :roll:

Great lookin' birds. What did you think of doing them up that way?

--John
(Last time I had pheasant it was roadkill -- found laying on top of fresh snow. It didn't have any stray bits of shot to spit out, either. :D )

Bruce B said:
Use to get pheasant quite a bit years and years ago when Michigan had a thriving pheasant population, but now unless you have a good bird dog and plenty of luck you'd be lucky to see one in this state....kind of like jobs. :roll:

My son has a great bird dog and the captain of the volunteer fire department he and his wife are both on owns the private land where we hunted.

Unity said:
Great lookin' birds. What did you think of doing them up that way?

--John
(Last time I had pheasant it was roadkill -- found laying on top of fresh snow. It didn't have any stray bits of shot to spit out, either. :D )

I got the two best birds. One of them only had pellets in the head (I'd like to say I planned the shot that way, but it ain't the truth), the other was trying to out run the dog, jumped up to fly at the last moment and the dog jumped and snatched it out of the air without a shot being fired. We nearly fell over laughing, well everyone except the bird, when that happened. Like I told Bruce, Rob has a great bird dog. Next time I'll braize them in a sauce or gravy, even with the bacon they were a tad dry.

Hey, Dad, here's a couple of pictures I took when I wasn't busy shooting your birds out from under you:

(I don't think it was any one of the ones you brought home, this one got pretty crunched)

img_173336_0_61f9b4ce7419b465cc0f9a63467c3055.jpg

img_173336_1_82a3f82ca1b61fc4bfd001cb047c09b3.jpg

img_173336_2_10ee33d501de973642834a9ba87fc95e.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom