Performer Rib Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Did a 5.5lb rib roast on the Performer tonight. Used a couple small chunks of hickory and seasoned with S&P, garlic and onion powders. Cooked indirect between 275-300 until internal temp hit 135*, should have pulled it around 125* but my wife cringes at "rare" meat. It turned out quite good. We had fresh garlic roasted mashed taters and grilled asparagus.

Yeah, I think Larry's tried that white truffle oil before. Larry, wasn't it that weekend you went camping with the Boy's Debate Team in High Scool?

A little early morning white truffle oil humor.

Bruce B said:
Yeah, I think Larry's tried that white truffle oil before. Larry, wasn't it that weekend you went camping with the Boy's Debate Team in High Scool?

A little early morning white truffle oil humor.

Close Bruce, it was in Band Camp! 8-[

Nick Prochilo said:
Looks great Larry! Yeah Puff, I'd put my $ on Finneys answer!
Do you cook them a little bit first, then grill them? Or just grill them? I have never eaten asparagus, it looked good grilled. 8-[

Puff, you just grill 'em without any prior cooking. I like to roll 'em in some Italian salad dressing before I grill 'em.

Griff

Griff said:
Puff, you just grill 'em without any prior cooking. I like to roll 'em in some Italian salad dressing before I grill 'em.

Griff

Puff I did exactly as Griff stated. Simple and delish! 8-[

brian j said:
looks awesome larry. i picked up a rib roast at costco last week and put it in the freezer until mother's day. i can't wait to cook that puppy.

puff - if you've never had asparagus you've never had asparagus pee. you're in for a real treat. :eek:

And I thought it was only mine that stunk the next day!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom