Outer Skirt Steaks...aka Fajitas! - Tuscany Grilled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
The Outer Skirt steaks were grilled on a Tuscany grill
inside my K7 Kamado with mesquite....

Lookin real good. What did you through on there? Looks like regular fajita seasoning.

When you get a chance try out the recipe from the other thread I posted about outer skirt and let me know how you like it.

Puff said:
Man that looks great!
Pics with a finished fajita now! ;)

Thanks !

Love2<º((((>< said:
Lookin real good. What did you through on there? Looks like regular fajita seasoning.

When you get a chance try out the recipe from the other thread I posted about outer skirt and let me know how you like it.

Just regular Fajita seasoning...I'll check your out next time. Thank you.

Hey Surfin,

How much do you pay per pound for the outer skirt?

I only found one butcher in Longview that "sometimes has it in stock" but would order it for me but I would have to buy atleast 30lbs. He said he would sell it to me for $5.59/lb maybe a little less. Is that about right? Seems a little high to me.

Love2<º((((>< said:
Hey Surfin,

How much do you pay per pound for the outer skirt?

I only found one butcher in Longview that "sometimes has it in stock" but would order it for me but I would have to buy atleast 30lbs. He said he would sell it to me for $5.59/lb maybe a little less. Is that about right? Seems a little high to me.
I got it at the local grocery stow aka H.E.B. for $6.99/lbs because it's Black Angus and they consider it a delicasy now adays..They come in 1shirt bags about a pound or so. BUT, If making real fajita plates you can't go wrong.. Very tender meat and less lard and grissle. Melts in your mouth. I don't even make tacos out of them because I want to taste it by itself...Make sure that butcher is selling your the outer shirts though..Some butchers cut a inner shirt down the middle longways and label it as a outer shirt..Buyer beware aways!!! Good luck and keep me posted... :D

Back
Top Bottom