Opinions On This Grill Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluzQue

Head Chef
Local Lowes has this grill on sale this weekend for $169.00 Opinions are welcomed Jonzing to add to the cheap collection...like I really need this! Looks fairly substantial, pull out charcoal tray, adjustable height coal grate, good casters, thermometer, plenty of vents, cast iron sectional cooking grates. JB (00Q) I trust & respect your opinions. Would appreciate your ideas on this one (Rant if you need to)!

img_193978_0_cc092b7c663215486564376909265fc4.jpg
[/img]

it'll work fine for a year or two.

Still, a Weber Kettle would be better, easier to clean,
easier to get replacement parts for, and will cook
more to your liking.

Captain Morgan said:
it'll work fine for a year or two.

Still, a Weber Kettle would be better, easier to clean,
easier to get replacement parts for, and will cook
more to your liking.

I totally agree and will basically last forever other than the cooking grates!

Looks like a nice one. I have one sorta like it but dont have the slide out charcoal tray. In order to tend the fire you have to move the meat which is a giant pain in the patooty..otherwise it cooks great. Has plenty of headroom for a Rotess etc. Even though its thin metal mine has lasted a long time course I dont cook on it much which prob helps. Several years ago I took all the doo dads off of it and had Mikey the one legged one eared one weld bbq welder make a set of runners on the botton which fits into some tracks on top of Freds firebox. So if I want to grill I just slide it out and start grilling. If I want to cook offset I slide it all the way off and set it on the ground so it dont get burned up. I think it works sorta like one of them air foils on a race car when you are dragging it down the road.

bigwheel

don't buy that. go to the cinder block section and buy about 20 blocks. arrange them to your liking and dump hot coals in and install a old oven grill, then you got a grill... that other one will rust out real fast... :D

Back
Top Bottom