Offset thighs and breakfast in a bag...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Hit the local state campground for the weekend...cooked some thighs saturday night...fire on one half of the grill and the thighs on the other..marinaded them in a carribien jerk marinade..(store bought)...

On Sunday, my brother made "Breakfast in a bag"...He took a brown paper bag and started with a layer of 2 hash browns..

Then we added chopped canadian bacon, onions and eggs..

poked a stick through the top under the folds...

then over an open fire/coals...

Then eat...

Just something else fun to do at camp...and it was pretty good too..

JP that is different for sure. :shock:
How did it taste....out 'da bag??
Great pics. 8)

That all looks My-T-Fine John. I thinks the kids would get a kick out of cooking breakfast that way when we go camping, I'll need to try that.

Griff said:
I have to echo the others, I'd have thought the bags would have caught fire.
As long as the bag contains something with a temperature below the kindling temperature of the paper, it won't burn. I guess. I learned the practical application of this at a burger joint where we hung out in high school. They served water in conical cups that nested in little hourglass-shaped aluminum bases. When you light the edge of the cup, it burns all the way around down to the water level. Of course, it's impossible to move it without spilling. :roll:

--John

What unity said....one of them caught fire on the top but stopped once it hit the food...kind of liken it to filling a styrofoam glass with water and then trying to light it on fire..

Unity said:
Griff said:
I have to echo the others, I'd have thought the bags would have caught fire.
As long as the bag contains something with a temperature below the kindling temperature of the paper, it won't burn. I guess. I learned the practical application of this at a burger joint where we hung out in high school. They served water in conical cups that nested in little hourglass-shaped aluminum bases. When you light the edge of the cup, it burns all the way around down to the water level. Of course, it's impossible to move it without spilling. :roll:

--John

I can understand why the bottom of the bag where the food is doesn't burn, it's the top of the bag without the food that baffles me.

Back
Top Bottom