New York Strips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
My Wife picked up some New York Strips the other day and I finally got a day off to grill them up. Salted them for about a 1/2 hour and them gave them a dose of black pepper.

I hate when it gets dark early and forgot to turn the flash on.
img_244610_0_0c23164d5b799784dd3a54c4ec5ce518.jpg

Better
img_244610_1_4b06d65517ae5cbca236db1f19653b57.jpg

Some creamed spinach made on the kitchen stove
img_244610_2_5aa34b5f082accdf957d4618a0d607e9.jpg

Some veggies cooked on the wok.
img_244610_3_0af1b7ee7fe13be9c7d6fd9116351d4d.jpg

My plate.
img_244610_4_c4a073367e0e93daedf6bffb76a8f1d2.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics but get used to them. I killed my normal camera taking it to the desert and getting sand in it. So now I have to resort to this crappy camera until hopefully Santa brings me one for Christmas.

I can practically hear those steaks sizzling and popping from here. Nice work!

Great job. Looks mighty tasty. Now is this the deal where you pack on the salt heavy for a while then wash it off?

So tell us about the wok...

Jeff.. the deal is the salt draws the water out of the beef leaving the juices and flavor behind. Some have said to salt the steaks as soon as you buy them up to a day or so before you cook them. I have been salting a few hours before grilling and i think Ive noticed a big difference. And no Nick, I don't have any friggen' pics !

I put a heavy amount of salt on and will let them sit for around 1/2 and hour to an hour depending on thickness and then rinse them off and add pepper. It takes a little practice to get them the way you like them but it is my favorite way to make a steak.

The wok is a 16" round bottom carbon steel wok. I use it all the time to cook veggies, fajitas and also use it to deep fry things. I hardly ever make stir fry which was the original intention of me getting the thing. lol. I got it at the same place everybody was getting the Kiwi knives a while back. I want to get another smaller one for inside the house but with a flat bottom and handles.

http://www.wokshop.com/HTML/products/wo ... ndles.html

john pen said:
So tell us about the wok...

Jeff.. the deal is the salt draws the water out of the beef leaving the juices and flavor behind. Some have said to salt the steaks as soon as you buy them up to a day or so before you cook them. I have been salting a few hours before grilling and i think Ive noticed a big difference. And no Nick, I don't have any friggen' pics !

I'm shocked! :LOL: I usually don't go longer than 1/2 - 3/4 hour in salt, then a rinse and some pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. If I remember, next time I'll take some pictures!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom