New infared seering options on grills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chiles

Senior Cook
OK folks, I am still researching the gas grill. I have looked over the Vermont Castings, Webbers and found more questions than answers.

I know I am spending way too much time on this but what the heck, it's my money and I take food seriously. You can tell that just by looking at me. :D Webber is going to have a new line made in China to compete with some of these other companies. I came real close to purchasing a Jenn-Air (made by Nextgrill) from lowes but decided to do more research instead. Charbroil has a TEC model that has a different type of infared that looks pretty neat.

tec1.jpg

Who has used the new infared seering burners that are on the higher end grills these days? Is it gimmick or a new must have?? Charbroil has a TEC model that has a different type of infared that looks pretty neat.

Chiles

I've used several before as I used to sell higher-end grills (Viking, Wolf, Alfresco, etc.) and they are what they are.

At best they can allow you to produce a darn-near steakhouse quality steak. At worst you have a 1200 degree afterburner eating up a large chunk of grill-top real estate.

Disclaimer: I have been out of the sales game for a few years, and technological advances may have made them more versatile.

Having said all of this, I would love to have one on my next gasser :LOL:
If you don't believe me, get yourself a thick ribeye, slather it with butter, salt, and pepper, and grill that bad boy a couple minutes on each side over a hot infrared burner. I could sell that puppy for $30.00 at any fine steakhouse!

I use a cheaper method....I put the steak on my grill over banked charcoal, then hit it with my weed burner, flip, repeat, then finish indirect.
The Morgan Method...works for me.

Captain Morgan said:
I use a cheaper method....I put the steak on my grill over banked charcoal, then hit it with my weed burner, flip, repeat, then finish indirect.
The Morgan Method...works for me.

Isn't that a patented method? :LOL:

I've used the Charbroil Tec grills and let me tell you they is one fine piece of equipment. I'm not much of a gasser myself, but these things made me think about it. Wait till can check out the Charbroil, then compare them to the others. See what you think.

Back
Top Bottom