New Ideas for a Pellet Grill User?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nancy1

Assistant Cook
Are there any Traeger pellet grill users on this forum? Looking for some new ideas. Have done all the usual things on it--ribs, brisket, chicken, pork butt, etc. Thanks in advance! :D

I sometimes use pellets for smoke in my smokers... :?

I keep on saying that if you can cook it in your oven, I can (and usually will) cook it in my smoker. Yes, bread, pizza, cakes, cookies. Anything. Even veggies. ;)

BOB

I have an acquaintance who sells the gizmos and keeps a big one on stand by out back to cook for the hired help..customers etc. He claims the best bet is to use it for a high temp grill for steaks etc. He is an old offset boy and it do not get things smokey enough for him. Do not get drunk and go to sleep with the lid up in a rainstorm. Had a couple of other chums who tried that trick. They had to send the Pink Pigs back to to factory to have the dried chip mess aka Portland Cement chisled out. Not that you would allow that to happen of course..lol.

My buddy has a Trager The bigger one that has the barrel style chamber. He cooks at the highest it can go. He cooks a thin crust pizza on a pizza stone. It’s a really thin crust like those fancy pizza joints. It comes out awesome. Slight hint of smoke. I think they cook in about 5-10 minutes. He cooks one after another at get-togethers and cooks different kinds.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom