Need a Grill for work! Need your help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCook

Senior Cook
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've been on here.

Im looking for a good grill (prefebly gas) to buy for my work. We're looking for something that can withstand the elements - sun/rain. And something that cleans up fast. We have a water hose available near where the grill is located.

The grills we've used in the past only lasted about a year, maybe. They seem to take a lot of abuse.

Our budget is about $500. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nick

Nick,
I had one of the Brinkmann Pro Series for several years and loved it. When I decided to switch 100% charcoal I got rid of it and it still had the original batteries for the ignition and they worked. You can get these at Wal Mart for under $500. Now, look out though cause I've seen ones similar to the one I got but with real thin grates and burners. The one I had I think was a Pro Series 2600 with cast iron burners and PC Grates. Very nice grill for the buck!

I have a stainless steel Igloo that has 4 large solid cast brass burners and heavy cast iron grates, a side burner (also cast brass)...and came with a rotisserie unit.

I think it was close to 500 but has been problem free and worth evey penny.

For gassers...I have both a Weber Silver B and a VC. Price is about the same round here.

Like the Weber because I can usually get most parts at a big box store and, if not, Weber customer service is great.

IMHO, I believe the VC cooks better. No hot spots, more even cooking, better grates, minimum heat loss when open and closing the lid, holds a more steady temp and seems to clean up easier. One bad note is it does seem to suck more gas then the Weber.

AND before I get persecuted here, I am only speaking to gas grills and my personal experience with them. I am a big fan of Weber and their products.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom