My Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I have a Weber Genesis Silver B...after reading a thread on the TVWB I became a little concerned last night when I was grilling burgers.

I heard that the burners are supposed to have a cool blue flame vs. anything orange...is this true and if so, how do I correct it?

Concerned!! :D

Doesn't orange flame mean improper combustion, so you could adjust the air flow coming into the burner? I don't know if the Weber has this, but on my V.C. there's little sleeves on the burners so you can adjust the air flow (kinda like a bunsen burner in chem. lab).....

Rob

I am a little aprehensvie (for good reason) to take apart my grill in fear I will screw something up!! It may come as a huge surprise....I am not very handy!! :grin:

Yeah, we remember who it was that installed the easy as pie guru Eyelet backwards! :p

Dude, cleaning the burners is easy and should be part of your regular maintenance schedule. First just remove the grates and take your grill brush to it. Light it and observe the flame...if it's still yellow, you may need to remove the burner and clean it better, but it's easy to put back in.

Greg Rempe said:
I am a little aprehensvie (for good reason) to take apart my grill in fear I will screw something up!! It may come as a huge surprise....I am not very handy!! :grin:

As noted with the instalation of your eyelets. :grin: First check and make sure there are no spider webs or nests at the orifices. If there are clean these first. Then go and adjust the flames. Greg, it isn't hard to adjust the flame. Loosen the screw on the venturi. (Loosen only, do not remove!) Lite the burner and turn the sleeve so you close the air opening, a little at a time. Each little turn or bit of a turn I should say, look at the flame and check out its color. As soon as you get it blue, tighten the screw you loosed and your ready to go. Do this for each burner.

Susan Z said:
Maybe you should stick to the frying pan burgers.... Less room for KA-BOOM!

Susan, if I didn't like you so much and think you were so funny, I'd punch you in your mouth for that comment!! :D

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Susan Z":93spmrwa]Maybe you should stick to the frying pan burgers.... Less room for KA-BOOM!

Susan, if I didn't like you so much and think you were so funny, I'd punch you in your mouth for that comment!! :D[/quote:93spmrwa]
Truth hurts, eeh?? :p :LOL:

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Susan Z":2llw50g2]Maybe you should stick to the frying pan burgers.... Less room for KA-BOOM!

Susan, if I didn't like you so much and think you were so funny, I'd punch you in your mouth for that comment!! :D[/quote:2llw50g2]

Don't make come over and kick your a$$ Rempe!

According to the V.C. manual, wavy yellow flame means too little air, hard blue flame means too much air.....

Rob

Brian H said:
Greg,
How old is your grill?

Have you noticed this before?

Propane or Natural gas?

Less than a year

Just since I started using it this year...few weeks back

LP

I took the grates and bars off...the first tube has an obvious clog in it...the burner lights half was down then stops for a while...then lights the rest of the way.

Also, the cross-over bar burns orange when all 3 burners are going...Guess I have to bite the bullet and take it all apart and clean it inside and out! Bye forever!! :grin:

Brian H said:
Less than a year? That doesnt make sense the burner is clogged.

If you dont make it back, can Woodman run the site?
:roll: THAT's just what we need!!

Well let's see...it took less than an hour to clean and I broke it to boot! :( Tubes are all clean but now it won't light! Damn it! I SUCK!! :oops:

Did you clean them in water? Are you not getting a spark? Can you smell gas? If the gas will flow, light it manually and let it burn for a while. If it was wet, this will get out all of the water. If the gas doesn't flow, your screwed! Thank god for those kettles huh!

no...I tried lighting it with a fire stick and it would flicker and then snuff out!

I called Weber...they asked me to bleed the lines of gas and then try it again...I did but to no avail...so she is sending me out a new hose and regulator? Great, something new to install and f*&K up! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom