Moink Ball Day Cook Out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tri Tip

Head Chef
I have been working on the backyard for the past 7 days and to celebrate its completion I decided to have a small family BBQ (grill). Especially since Memorial Day was spent getting a sunburned neck working on pool coping. Thanks Buzz for reminding me about Moink Day. I started with Moink Balls. Also if you hunt it down you can find yellow corn. I’m not a big fan of white sweet corn. Yellow is more meaty and has way better flavor. Served up carne, Talapia and chicken too. Dogs and deep fried Freedom Fries were served up for the kids. My immediate family trends at about 40+ people so I was cooken for about 2+ hours. These pictures are of the first round.

Mike, you have it down good brother. I like the assembly line of warmers waiting to be filled with goodies in your first shot.

Did you do the fried rice and refried beans yourself or were they bought at the store and warmed up? I have a recipe for no-fat refried beans that I use when doing tostadas that's pretty good, but It's a bit of work smashing and stirring up the beans. Looks like you had a lot on your plate with this cook.

Great job!

Smokey Lew said:
Mike, you have it down good brother. I like the assembly line of warmers waiting to be filled with goodies in your first shot.

Did you do the fried rice and refried beans yourself or were they bought at the store and warmed up? I have a recipe for no-fat refried beans that I use when doing tostadas that's pretty good, but It's a bit of work smashing and stirring up the beans. Looks like you had a lot on your plate with this cook.

Great job!

My Wife's Mom's side are Mexican. My wife's Nana always brings the beans rice and homemaid salsa. You'll have to message me that recipe for the beans.

WOW what a spread. Great job. When you do a family gathering you do it right. How did the moinks turn out?

Vermin999 said:
WOW what a spread. Great job. When you do a family gathering you do it right. How did the moinks turn out?

I usually make about 80 ABTs with baccon. So we all thought they were a little bland. Next time I'm maken my own meat balls and spicen em up a bit. But other than that they were good and went like hot cakes. I just baught the premaid frozen meat balls from Smart and Final and wrapped them with a half piece of baccon and dusted em with Butcher BBq Rub.

Hell of a spread Brother. Everything looked awesome,however, it looked like something was missing. Like the Santa Maria Grill you just purchased a week ago. Where was that at? Or does the wife not know about it yet?

californiagrillin said:
Hell of a spread Brother. Everything looked awesome,however, it looked like something was missing. Like the Santa Maria Grill you just purchased a week ago. Where was that at? Or does the wife not know about it yet?

Wife shot it down. I've spent over $2000 in the last two months on bbq related crap. And we have a 100+ 4th of July party to finance. I've been in sales for 10 years but I just can’t seem to sell her though. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom