Mini-Meatloves On The Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyTX

Cook
It has been so hot outside that we wanted to grill something that didn’t require quite as much attention and was easy. Mini-meatloaves on the Holey Griddle fit the ticket.

My wife has been making these mini-meatloaves for years. We like to put a crisp sear on top and bottom before putting the sauce on top. That sear is what really makes these babies unique and tasty!

To start off, I get some wood smoking in the corner of the Weber gasser. After it gets smoking I put the griddle in the opposite corner to bake / smoke it. Considering the fire is going to be hotter on one side, I turn the griddle every so often depending on how fast they appear to be cooking. I keep the fire hot enough that the cast-iron is still searing the bottom the whole time. Just before taking them off I turn up the heat and quick sear the top. Then we flip them back over and put the sauce on top and turn the fire back down real low to give it a little glaze.

The sides are easy cheesy scalloped potatoes, and tomatoes and onions fresh from my in-law’s garden.

img_241102_0_ec27fe5b27402b7a0ef6c493049b5286.jpg

img_241102_1_7e204e0125a5eb109c5e1ddf009fed80.jpg

img_241102_2_0b2a137159333a311f03f3aa321124d4.jpg

I love that idea. I greatly prefer grilling to smoking because I like
the char/crust of seared meat so much, getting the Maillard factor
in there.....sounds like something on the to do list for Cappy.

Very nice! I like the idea of personal meatloaves. That way if someone wants his or hers different from the rest, no problem. Cool!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom