Mid-Night Snack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Joker said:
OK guys ~ Help me out here on taters. Oil, direct, indirect..... :)

Depends if you eat the skin or not. If you don't eat the skin, wrap them in foil and cook direct. If you do eat the skin, rub with oil and kosher salt and cook indirect. Either way, no pokie.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="The Joker":38cutea8]OK guys ~ Help me out here on taters. Oil, direct, indirect..... :)

Depends if you eat the skin or not. If you don't eat the skin, wrap them in foil and cook direct. If you do eat the skin, rub with oil and kosher salt and cook indirect. Either way, no pokie.[/quote:38cutea8]
Olive oil? What does the oil do for the tater? Thanks Larry.

The Joker said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1onk49gv][quote="The Joker":1onk49gv]OK guys ~ Help me out here on taters. Oil, direct, indirect..... :)

Depends if you eat the skin or not. If you don't eat the skin, wrap them in foil and cook direct. If you do eat the skin, rub with oil and kosher salt and cook indirect. Either way, no pokie.[/quote:1onk49gv]
Olive oil? What does the oil do for the tater? Thanks Larry.[/quote:1onk49gv]

Olive oil is good for flavor, but you can use regular veggie oil too. The oil and the salt will crisp the skin a bit and taste wonderful! It will give the skin, kinda like the same taste and texture of "loaded tater skins", but the inside of the potatoe will still be tender and moist.

One of my favorites is to nuke em for a few mins...just to loosen em
Slice em down, (not all the way through) every .75 inch or so. Insert a thin slice of onion and a pat of butter.
repeat, repeat, repeat ....etc
Sprinkle with S&P.
Foil.
Cook em semidirect, turning them often.

ScottyDaQ said:
Slice em down, (not all the way through) every .75 inch or so. Insert a thin slice of onion and a pat of butter.
Sprinkle with S&P.
Foil.
Not THAT sounds good! =P~ Thanks again Larry.

The Joker said:
ScottyDaQ said:
Sprinkle with S&P.
Foil.

Well maybe not to you, but it does to me!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="The Joker":3prwutmj]
ScottyDaQ said:
Sprinkle with S&P.
Foil.

Well maybe not to you, but it does to me![/quote:3prwutmj]
#-o #-o You can't get me that often...
:horse: :bbbat: :horse:

The Joker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1recvyw6][quote="The Joker":1recvyw6]
ScottyDaQ said:
Sprinkle with S&P.
Foil.

Well maybe not to you, but it does to me![/quote:1recvyw6]
#-o #-o You can't get me that often...
:horse: :bbbat: :horse:[/quote:1recvyw6]

Yeah, I know, but when I can.........

Here's what you do. Fork the tater about 4-5 times. Nuke it for 2 min at a time until lightly soft. Oil it down with olive oil. KOSHER salt and black pepper. Foil. Put on the grill Indirect heat and prep your meat. Once your meat is done or whatever you are cooking, pull off the meat. Let rest and then pull the tater. It will be piping hot so cut open, slather some butter and add more kosher salt to your taste. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom