"Mad Housewife" grilled prawns and fettuccine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

friesian_rain

Senior Cook
I wanted a pasta dish, but also something grilled and smokey.... so I took my prawns in a white wine reduction sauce to the grill. Peeled Alaska spot prawns with olive oil, garlic, fresh basil, crushed red pepper, truffle salt, fresh ground black pepper, quickly cooked over a very hot, smokey fire of oak lump with added hickory chucks. Next on the grill, the sauce; butter, olive oil, fresh lemon, garlic, basil, black pepper, crushed red pepper, white wine. Added grilled prawns, grated fresh Romano, and served over fettuccine (brown rice pasta), with a sprinkle of fresh, chopped parsley. Made a little salad of cucumber, avocado, and tomato with fresh basil to go with... it was very tasty, just right :D !

Nice lookin meal I'd eat a plate or two of that anyday :) I'm takin apps for a sister wife, can I sent u a app :LOL:

muddave said:
Looks outstanding how do you come up with these recipes

I just have this fascination with cooking outdoors over fire, so I take a lot of our normal meals out to the grill ! And, I like to eat good food..... ;)

[I grew up in a large Italian family; we cooked, and we ate. Something was always brewing, drying, aging, rising, or baking.... Cooking and eating, it's a family tradition :D ]

Thanks again everybody for the all the great replies !

MI Smoke said:
Nice lookin meal I'd eat a plate or two of that anyday :) I'm takin apps for a sister wife, can I sent u a app :LOL:

Ya, I'm not really good at this "wife-ing" stuff; never could conform to all the rules. Hubby #2 puts up with me because I can splice line, and stick and bait gear better than him :LOL: Thanks for the offer though. :D

That first picture made me laugh. I did a cook a couple of weeks ago and included pics of the bottle of "Sweet Bitch" wine. Nice meal!!!

Traegernator said:
That first picture made me laugh. I did a cook a couple of weeks ago and included pics of the bottle of "Sweet Bitch" wine. Nice meal!!!

I love some of the labels they have out there now ! Thanks....

Back
Top Bottom