Lump convert question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I try to store mine in one of those large rubbermaid style containers, or even a deck box with a bag or two of some form of desiccant. you can order it prebagged or just order in bulk and pour it in a sock and sew the top closed. works great in your toolbox as well, i just throw in a bag or so everytime I get a package with the packets in it and toss the oldest ones away.

I guess I need to give RO one more try and try to make sure it has stayed dry. I never had a problem before that and did use a lot the year before. I just realized that BGE was made by RO and I went through a lot of that last year without a problem, so I guess you could say I actually used quite a bit of RO lump. :? It is awfull easy to find here.

If it became contaminated it happened before I got it. I keep all my Charcoal in a couple of Roughneck 33gal trash cans with lids inside my shop.

Cooked a couple of chickens (sorry no pis, they didn't make it long enough to get the camera) using the Cowboy lump. I didn't get anything wierd in the bag, and it burned fine just a little fast. Cowboy does use the end cuts from hardwood floor manufacturing, so it's environmentally kind using what would normally be wasted, but it is still mostly dried oak like most low priced lump. This will likely be the last bag for me because it burns too fast, and is real ashy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom