Looking to buy a gas grill, need suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acoustic

Assistant Cook
As the title says, I am looking for a gas grill (used). I primarily need a suggestion on what brand to get. I currently just have a very old Char Broil like this : http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/poc/120917/047r1/2421i8k_27.jpeg

The size doesn't really bother me, it's the way the flames kick up and burn my food. Even if you turn it down, the flames still go crazy and you end up with a burger that's done on the outside but not so much on the inside. There is one flame protector that runs in the center and when grease drops down on top of it, the flames flare up. I always put the burgers on the center, this might be my problem. Anyways, I need a new grill as this one is rusting and aging.

My uncle has a weber and it is amazing. The design is perfect for very little flare ups and little to no cleaning (besides the top). I can't afford one however, and it seems not many people are selling them used. So I need to know if Charbroil has improved their design and reduced flare ups? Any other brand I should look for? Thanks.

I have a Weber Genesis Silver that is over 10 years old and it still works great. Weber products, gas and charcoal are both highly thought of by many members of this forum, the fact that people hold on to their Webers shows how much people like them. Check Craigslist is one idea for used. By now all the grills should be clearanced from the stores, fall is usually a good time to find a deal if you can wait that long. Watch moving and garage sales, I picked up a Weber charcoal grill for $10 at one.

It takes a few posts to for new members to start threads without moderator approval, I deleted the test thread and left this one because this one has a better title so should get more action. Enjoy the forum!

Appreciate it bud.

Yeah, weber seems to out do itself with it's design.

That's pretty much what I cook with. I have replaced the grates on mine, after getting the grill hot and scraping the bars clean for plenty of years, the bars started to bend and dip down in the middle. I do get flareups, but that is more dependent on the food I am cooking. Chicken wings where they start at a lower temp to render the fat out of the skin then finish higher to crisp up the skin requires attention. Also for burgers, 80/20 chuck has the best flavor but lower fat content is less prone to flare ups.

The design may not be the only issue going on with your grill. Often as the burners age and rust, the holes where the gas comes out will deteriorate. This leads to one side of the grill having large flames and the other barely any. When you get your grill going the flames should be even. If they are not the burner should be replaced.

I just have an old cheap gasser WW. Uniflame brand from the Blue Rhino Propane folks. Have got good use from it and would recommend it highly. Now for the rich folks I got some pals who use what I think is Phoenix Brand grills. One of them showing one day how on his you can block the fire plumb off from the meat if you want..or maybe its stuck like that. Know he very proud of it. Think I found a link on where to buy with pics. Bunch of choices on where to snag one seems like. .

Amazon.com: Phoenix Sdssocp Stainless Steel Propane Gas Grill Head On Stainless Steel Cart With Aluminum Base: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Well from the picture perspective it looks sorta like a nasty old used gasser which the yups sometimes leave at the curb on trash day..sometimes with the propane bottle included. lol. Do it have a particular brand or anything? Got shots from futher away etc? How much do it cost new?

Yeah sure it would clean up fine. Mighty good brand from what I gather. Sure some of the Weber aficionados jump in here and give some input. How much they want for it?

Well not sure of the color schemes on those things but the cool surfaces look a bit weathered etc. That chasis style seems a little dated..not that I try to be an exspurt. Sorta reminds me of a 77 Toyoter..lol. Square angles or something. Offer em twenty if they include the propane jugs..or there ya go. If they throw in a tank..that be worth thirty or forty bucks right there compared to go buying a new one at WW. Try to dicker with em a bit them go forty max..lol. Or give them the full amount. Now no tanks I go to 15 rapidly.

Back
Top Bottom