Looking @ purchasing Char-Broil Infrared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

troyce1

Assistant Cook
Hi, I've been looking at purchasing the Char-Broil Infrared Grill.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R ... ogId=10053

We have a natural gas hookup at our house, and this is one of the more affordable natural gas conversion grills.

The reviews seem good overall, I just wanted to see what the "pros" thought.
I know its not a "high end" grill, but I am looking for something to do some basic grilling on at an affordable price.

Input appreciated.

Thanks.

I have not found a weber or other grill that is comparable in price and features that runs off of natural gas/ or is convertible to natural gas.

If you know of one please advise, I've searched around.

DONT DO IT! You'll be buying a real grill in a few years. What Nick Said. Get a Weber and only cry once.

Char-Crap-Broil!

I'm not a gas grill person and have never had one, but own a number of Webers and would agree with Nick & TT. Just looked on Amazon and found this one and it seemed there were other Weber natural gas models.

My mother in law spent $760 on her Genesis. It's 10 years old and as solid as new. Never had to replace anything! I built it so I saw the quality. No rust not even on the burners. All she does is keep a cover on it. It's one nice grill.

Char-Broil is not great quality and if you plan on using it a lot it will need to be replaced...it's just not a well made piece of equipment...if you really want "IR" then have a look at the TEC make.

I do agree with the others that a Weber is the best way to go for a lower or mid priced range type grill. Also ask yourself why you want an infrared style cooker on natural gas or propane and if it is the best option for your style of cooking. There are many limitations when it comes to infrared cooking and what it can offer especially on grills such as the Charbroil. Also, longevity of Charbroils are very low and with first hand experience they are one of the grills that are changed out most by consumers at our store. One good thing is that parts are ready and available although I would not trust a Home Depot type place to help you with any warranty or part issues you may ever have. All in all if you are looking into infrared cooker it is always good to go with the best such as a TEC infrared cooker, but again those can prove rather pricey but are highly worth the investment since they made the technology that Charbroil uses today.

Another great grill to consider at that price rage and offers a btu rating similar to the charbroil but a lot more versatile is the Broil King Crown 20 Series of natural gas or propane grills

http://www.broilkingbbq.com/2010/grillspecs.php?series=crown&grill=_20

*This grill is at 430.00 and cheaper at other places as well. Great over value and warranty for your money.

Back
Top Bottom