Looking for grilling setup.. - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > Grilling
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
Pat
BBQ NOOB

Looking for grilling setup..

Hello everyone. I've been looking, without luck, for some open-fire gear. Does anyone know where I can get this setup? If not a webstore, perhaps a blacksmith? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

[attachment=0:1dkv0j7s]grill.jpg[/attachment:1dkv0j7s]

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
Official BBQ Central Mark

Re: Looking for grilling setup..

Hmm..looks like you need to speak to some chuck wagon type cooks on this deal. Google up the XIT Ranch and find the head cookie. He tell you where to buy all that stuff. I could do it for ya but it would take a small stipend as a finder's fee since I am a real busy person. Let me know. Thanks.

PS Edit: If they dont know how to help look up the Pitchfork Ranch up around Guthrie, TX. I know they have chuckwagon cooks and they are friendly as yard dawgs. The Mormons bought them out a few years back. Just pretend you might like to become a Mormon and they will be glad to help I think. No Ghurantees expressed or implied. If that dont work out kindly repoat back.

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #3

Im in the process of making the very same as a gift for my sister in law for Christmas... Got any buddies with torches that like beer ?
john pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #4

This place looks purty kewlish for the aspiring chuck wagon cook.

http://www.chuckwagonsupply.com/catalog.html

I used up my torch when I was an extry in the Frankenstein Movie. I was one of those angry peasants in the crowd surrounding the Castle. It dont show it in the script of course..but what had actually got us riled up was we heard somebody was inside there putting kidney beans in the chili.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
Pope O'Que

Damn it Pat! Now I want one. My wife is gonna wanna kill you. hahaha!
Member #1462
BBQ ........So easy a caveman could do it.....?

Never look your best friend in the eye while your makin' sausage.
dollarbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
Pat
BBQ NOOB

lol! Thanks for the replies, guys. I don't know why it's so hard to find. The only things I've seen are the "s" hooks to hang things off the top bar. Maybe I'll try to make it myself since I have a torch setup. Would probably be more that much better to cook on if I made it myself. Let us know how yours turns out, J.P.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #7
Pat
BBQ NOOB

I found it! I never thought to Google 'chuckwagon' cooking equipment before. Thanks for opening my eyes to that, bigwheel.

Ummm, at $535 for the complete setup, your wife is really REALLY gonna git me, dollarbill! hehe...
Old 09-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #8
Master of All

Crap if you just want something to stick in the ground and have a adjustable wheel.... I bet Dave Klose could hook you up.
Weber Smokey Joe Gold ?

Weber Grill Decency Agent # KTL9352
ScottyDaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #9
Pope O'Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
I found it! I never thought to Google 'chuckwagon' cooking equipment before. Thanks for opening my eyes to that, bigwheel.

Ummm, at $535 for the complete setup, your wife is really REALLY gonna git me, dollarbill! hehe...
Where the F#@^ did you find it? Ive been lookin' and now she's pissed I haven't got nuthin done all day! Not sure if she's gonna love you or hate you after this.
Member #1462

Old 09-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #10
Pope O'Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat

Where the F#@^ did you find it? Ive been lookin' and now she's pissed I haven't got nuthin done all day! Not sure if she's gonna love you or hate you after this.

Was also gonna say Dave Klose but that might get a little pricey.
Member #1462

Old 09-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #11
Pat
BBQ NOOB

Dave Klose looks pricey too on the stuff he does have. I glanced at his site and doesn't seem he has this type for sale. I have to go to work now, but will look some more later.

dollarbill, I found what looks like the same exact one at - http://www.cowboycooking.com/blacksmith_goods.html

there's a cheaper one (a bit) over at - http://www.hansenwheel.com/store/sublis ... bcat_id=32

Price is going to be a bit high no matter where it comes from I think. lol!
Old 09-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #12

Keep your eye peeled for a cast iron cookstove with no bottom in it. The chuck wagon cooks from the Pitchfork Ranch had one. You just dig a hole and get the coals fired up then set the stove over the top of the hole. Seemed to work sorta like a kitchen stove at home. They were baking biscuits on the inside and frying eggs and bacon on top of it. Very kewlish contraption. Course it may have been a hundred years old. Who knows?