Lesson Learned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kerch1

Assistant Cook
Just tried making my very first batch of ABT's.
Had the peppers, some Helluva Good Sharp cheese, some JD sausage but
no bacon.
Ran to the store and trying to save a buck, I got the cheapest bacon I could find. BIG MISTAKE!

I got home and got started: cored the peppers, stuffed with a piece of
cheese, topped it off with a plug of JD sausage then opened the bacon.
What a disappointment. Thick, thin, small, large strips.
What a mess.
Made the best of what I had.
Finished making them and threw them on the grill.

They actually turned out pretty good but I have definetly learned that you get what you pay for.

Sorry that there are no pix. Battery was dead when I went to get the camera and the wife had a "You're seriously not going to take pictures of making these things, are you?" look.
I'll work on the wife and charge the battery for next time :D

Later,
Kerch

My wife gave me the same look. Just keep on keepin on with the cam and pics. Most people will give you that look, they dont understand you belong to a very elite club here. :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Kerch

We're not big on rules here but there is one: no pic = no cook. Don't worry, your family will get used to you taking pics of food.

I only buy farmland bacon, it won a tasting by americas test kitchen in 04 I think. If I remember correctly it was the only supermarket bacon not injected with artificial smoke. I'm not sure it's really better, it's just habit for me now.

ScottyDaQ said:
Oscar Myer is what I use for ABT's.
Nice quality control, and taste good.

I totally agree, this is the best bacon by far that I have found for ABTs.

Hang in there Kerch A bad day grillin'/smokin' is better than a good day at work!

:D 8) :D

Back
Top Bottom