Last Night's Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
Picked up a Choice Rib Eye from the local butchershop.

img_71886_0_cff2a72a311848db9e2c0df84ea8c3f4.jpg

Whipped up an Olive Oil, Kosher Salt - Garlic Salt - Ground Black Pepper Mixture.

img_71886_1_d487543350b6af3ff41bd5cf53cf1006.jpg

Applied to Steak, let sit at room temp for 45 minutes

img_71886_2_07ffc27254c0056d2b6055bca01dce2c.jpg

Hit the Weber Gasser

img_71886_3_7aba88ce1ea2477bbb9422f35ec5d609.jpg

Looking good

img_71886_4_b2d92294b6a2363b638537ece87abfdf.jpg

Needs a little time to rest with some Garlic Butter

img_71886_5_2ce312e9232e1f4ce8b402615139e287.jpg

A side salad

img_71886_6_3eae21fafd19e7f986542e900c0a0d51.jpg

Time to eat

img_71886_7_f24ea1edd36f3c18babb5a9205abccf2.jpg

img_71886_8_cfc3f4e66d7d7cb9bb138ddd423c8dbe.gif

Whew that do sound and look tempting. Now the only thing you missed was the anchovies. I'm thinking maybe they should be combined with the garlic butter. That should do it.

bigwheel

Now Cappy..me and you has both seen cows which is hurt worse than that to get well. Them is called raw..er I mean rare. Now I just take the warm pink streak down the middle. We was skerred of worms at my house ya know? We didnt eat much raw meat.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Now Cappy..me and you has both seen cows which is hurt worse than that to get well. Them is called raw..er I mean rare. Now I just take the warm pink streak down the middle. We was skerred of worms at my house ya know? We didnt eat much raw meat.

bigwheel

That my friend is exactly what Cappy said, a "Perfectly Cooked" steak! I'm learning more and more about you Wheelie. You like your turkey and your steaks dry, I'd be willing to bet $1M how you like your martini's!

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

That my friend is exactly what Cappy said, a "Perfectly Cooked" steak! I'm learning more and more about you Wheelie. You like your turkey and your steaks dry, I'd be willing to bet $1M how you like your martini's!

Don't go bringing martini's into this. :?

Errr no...I aint a fan of dry barnyard avains..but I is an admirer of them which is fully cooked. I remember well the grand prize winner which was booted for bloody joints at Traders Village one year. Laura Blount had used it to form a big letter "L" on her shirt...the L stand for loser which got turned into mosaic by all them tickets which come from the turn in trays of them who had turned in raw chicken. Now if you like em with bloody joints thats just fine with me..just wouldnt try it for comp. Now back to martinis. I is an exspurt of course. Fact I learnt all about em from an old yankee from Iowa named Buzz Roberts. He always keep a half gallon of vodky in the icechest when we was out fishing. He say you want a martini? I would say sure. He would pull out the vodky and we take a big slug. Few times I didnt know whether we was gonna find the shore or not. He would start singing Eyetalian Opera songs and get all the dawgs barking on the shoreline. This be after dark of course on Lake Bridgeport. That be down in Wise County. Very beautiful town of Runaway Bay. Got a golf course for the yups etc.

bigwheel

I'm with the majority on this one -- I think the steak looks great.

BTW, It's just my opinion but I think martinis should always be gin and never vodka.

Griff

Griff said:
I'm with the majority on this one -- I think the steak looks great.

BTW, It's just my opinion but I think martinis should always be gin and never vodka.

Griff

FINALLY!!!!!! Somebody I don't have to argue with about martinis. [smilie=a_happyme.gif]

And I just keep coming back to this topic to look at that steak. I need one soon. [smilie=dancing_cow.gif]

Back
Top Bottom