Last nights dinner & todays breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
I did the flank steak tacos on my grill last night. They turned out killer, white tortilla, flank, cilantro, red& green bell pep, japs, white onion, limes and margaritas.

img_234181_0_cce4a150309374f3f1ad627588b24401.jpg

img_234181_1_4e43f65a13ed669489928ec57fa15cac.jpg

I coooked (part of) the other half of the flank steak this mornin' and made a big sammich

Flank, japs, whito onion, brocolli floretts, bacon & cheese

img_234181_2_c1209d04de80a13e4d81ea4153c9354f.jpg

img_234181_3_734230373950d8f5d6be2b7e1ff62915.jpg

img_234181_4_0c64cb5b559c2ea3a27b00b4976f682f.jpg

img_234181_5_06ccc8aff33fbcdb4486e0c2299a51cb.jpg

Wow its been awhile since i've been here. feels good to be back! I got a new camera. I've never owned a nice one. :)

Smokey Lew said:
Nice to see some more posts. What kind of a camera did you get? The pictures are very nice.

Thanks Lew, (and everbody) I got a Nikon D40x It came with alot of exras, 55-200 lens and 4 macro and two other thing I cant remember what kinda lenses they were. I ll have to ask the camera professionals here when I get around to taking the setting off of "Auto". hahaha! Hopefully that wont be too long. ;) :)

That looks fantastic, $! Honestly, as soon as I saw the first pic my mouth watered. Nice job!

Why the two tortilla's? I've seen it before, but don't understand.

BTW, hard to beat a nice cold glass of milk.

BigAL said:
That looks fantastic, $! Honestly, as soon as I saw the first pic my mouth watered. Nice job!

Why the two tortilla's? I've seen it before, but don't understand.

BTW, hard to beat a nice cold glass of milk.

I'm not sure exactly why. All of the "official authentic" mexican joints in the mexican part of town here in Colorado always use two. They are smaller than what you would buy at the store. My guess is, if you use two you are less likely to end up with a ripped tortilla. I quit fryin tortillas. I just heat em' up on the CI skillet.

thanks Al / Griff

Hey AL what part of western Kansas? I was out there in Garden City the last few years and Scott City last year for competitions. Love those people.

As soon as da "Q" can splain to me what i got. Ill have more. hahaha.

I still got an assload of recent cooks.
Maybe i'll post em on another thread to gimme sumthin to do....

How the hell is BW doin? I havent seen to much of him here. I haven't been to far around yet tho. Im a newbie again to bbq-4-u.com hhahahaaa!

Thanks everyone!

dollarbill said:
BigAL said:
Hey AL what part of western Kansas? I was out there in Garden City the last few years and Scott City last year for competitions. Love those people.

Scott City. You must have made it over for the fly in/air show.

Lamar has a pretty good comp, so I've heard.

Where are you from?

BigAL said:
dollarbill said:
BigAL said:

Where are you from?

Thanks everyone!

Al, yep! was there for the air show and helped a friend coook. Got to meet a man by the name of Mike See. One hell of a guy. I'll tell you right now walkin around with that guy in town is like walkin' with a legend. hahahaha! Great people in that neck of the woods. I'm supposed to make it back out there this year if all goes well. I told Mike i'd come back out and support the comp. Come say hi, i'll be at Mad Eddies BBQ.

dollarbill said:
BigAL said:
dollarbill said:
BigAL said:

Where are you from?

Thanks everyone!

Al, yep! was there for the air show and helped a friend coook. Got to meet a man by the name of Mike See. One hell of a guy. I'll tell you right now walkin around with that guy in town is like walkin' with a legend. hahahaha! Great people in that neck of the woods. I'm supposed to make it back out there this year if all goes well. I told Mike i'd come back out and support the comp. Come say hi, i'll be at Mad Eddies BBQ.

Mike is a good guy. I found out he can sell Fast Eddies by Cook Shack. I've had my eye on their pellet smokers for yrs, but $$ is a problem. IIRC, he and a friend of his have a nice smoker. Had hell at first but have it figured out now.

I'll look you up this yr.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom