Lamb Chop advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
It's 108 degrees at my house and I have some lovely thawed lamb chops waiting for dinner. Usually I pan fry these but it's too dang hot. Have you ever grilled lamb chops? Any advice? They're about 1.5 inches think and pretty tightly trimmed....

If you have a cast iron skillet you can pan sear them on your grill. Or cook them like you would a steak, give them a good sear and let them finish indirect.

Thanks for the advice - I don't cook lamb very often. I chickened out on the direct heat... but ended up cooking them on a slab of slate set directly dropped on the grill. It worked out well. I seared off the chops (hot and fast) and set them aside to rest, then dropped some veggies and pineapple slices onto the stone to sizzle up in the drippings. I also toasted some sliced french bread on that same stone.

No dishes and no extra heat in kitchen. Score!

LOL, I agree with Nick!

When i cook Lamb Chops, I use and Iron skillet, melt some butter in the pan then sear the chops with some garlic. Remember that lamb chops are a very delicate meat so you don't need alot of spices on them.

Back
Top Bottom