January Yard Bird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeeRich

Sous Chef
2 birds, 1 Napoleon grill with rotisserie & rear burner on natural gas, -6°C weather, Zatarain's Creole Seasoning, Wolfe Rub Original, 3 hours. What more can I say? I bet JB would even like this stuff.

Enjoy

[youtube:3ojp4yzy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I98qW8JDOIk[/youtube:3ojp4yzy]

Ya it's a bit of work, but the rotation keeps all the basting going on, etc. Make sure you have a drip pan. Other than that it's just like low and slow.

Once in a while I put one of these birds into a slow cooker, slightly larger than the bird. By the end, it's more than half way up in water and grease. These birds have a healthy amount of rendering.

Good lookin birds. I haven't done chicken on the rotisserie since last summer, maybe I'll try some this Sunday, thanks for the motivation BeeRich. If I do grill I'll take pics.

Do you think they were a bit overdone on the wings? Did you eat the skin? From the legs to the lower chest looked perfect. Please let me know because I have a spinner like that but not the fire from behind. I will be using coals..Great video.

Nope. They were tucked in to begin with, and I just wanted to go for 3 hours. I ate the whole thing. I used to do a lot of birds like this when I first got the Napoleon, so I knew to go for 3 hours.

Back
Top Bottom