hot dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camp_cookie

Senior Cook
We decided to have hot dogs for lunch. I had a pack of Nathan's brand "Bigger Than the Bun" skinless franks. I fired up the Smokey Joe Platinum with some Publix Greenwise lump charcoal. All of the coals were piled to one side. The franks were cooked on the other side, but there was no barrier between them and the coals. Some Jack Daniels pellets were dropped into the fire.

img_157849_0_d5d9c8e4755e3f3d186dc82c1e7f5201.jpg

My Special Assistant Deputy Griller applied a basting of barbecue sacue on some of them. The two on the end in the pic were she is basting received Head Country sauce, and the two in the middle received Blues Hog sauce. The other dog was left plain. The sauce was applied when the dogs were almost done.

img_157849_1_3c5917e0555519830d84e79d0129dc6e.jpg

img_157849_2_9c1861a72abd3b1685fbbc9e6e89340d.jpg

After the dogs were pulled off, the buns were toasted on the grill. The sauce and smoke added a nice flavor. I want to do some of the 1/4 skinless all beef franks next.

There is nothing better than a grilled hotdog! :D
Cute assistant you have there. ;)

Thanks for all of the kind words. She certainly enjoys being out around the grills. I mentioned in another thread that she has claimed by Smokey Joe Silver her grill. We have a boy due in December, and today while we were outside grilling she told me that when he gets to be four like her that she will share her grill with him.

Nathans are good dogs, but if you can find them, Sabetts are the very best...out of NY. Right Bobberqer????

That helper is mighty cute and Nathans Dawgs is the best. Your a winnier my friend:)

bigwheel

ps..dont forget the cheese..chili..kraut..onyawns..Frenchies mustard relish and everything will be fine. Toast the buns too.

Back
Top Bottom