hey, Finney!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unity

Executive Chef
(or is it Larry? or Cappy?)

Cooks Illustrated is doing reverse sear and doesn't even mention the inventor! :shock:

reversesear.jpg

--John
(Not to mention that they're also doing "the salt thing." The butter and herb butter treatment sounds promising.)

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":29wou0a0]actually, Finney is a big fan of Cooks Illustrated.
Finney learned the RSM from Cooks Illustrated and put his name on it.... :roll:[/quote:29wou0a0]

WHAT!!! WHEN??? Your kidding...........................right? ;)

Bastards......... (and that includes CI, Larry and Cappie)

And yeah, Cooks loves that method these days. If Larry would tell the truth about it he would tell you that I even had him was using it before the CI article came out. Or before Alton Brown used it.

Me and Dangerfield... we get no respect.

Finney said:

And yeah, Cooks loves that method these days. If Larry would tell the truth about it he would tell you that I even had him was using it before the CI article came out. Or before Alton Brown used it.

If memory serves me correctly.........yes Finney did tell me that was how he did his Christmas roast using the reverse sear, but.........I could have sworn he said he saw it in Cooks Illustrated. I could be wrong, but not sure.

For the record, I made the Reverse Sear method famous, regardless of who invented it. Look back through the posts of this forum and other forums and you show me one person that cooked with it before or more than me that posted about it. Why am I not the famous one? :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:

If memory serves me correctly.........yes Finney did tell me that was how he did his Christmas roast using the reverse sear, but.........I could have sworn he said he saw it in Cooks Illustrated. I could be wrong, but not sure.

For the record, I made the Reverse Sear method famous, regardless of who invented it. Look back through the posts of this forum and other forums and you show me one person that cooked with it before or more than me that posted about it. Why am I not the famous one? :LOL:
You only get one "famous" and you've already made it with Wolfe Rub. Besides, what else has Finney got? :P

--John
(Red shoes don't count.)

Back
Top Bottom