Help with worn out Island Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigkahuna

Assistant Cook
So I have a Makers Mark Island grill, similar to the one pictured.

It has served me well for the past 7 or 8 years, but now has reached a point where it needs lots of repairs.
The heat diffusers and the main burners are shot. Cost is about $250 to replace those parts. But the gas manifold assy is also shot and I cannot find a replacement.

So my options are:

1) scrap the whole island and get a new gas grill.

2) replace the gas grill in this island with a drop in gas grill
( but I am afraid the fit will look very unprofessional)

3)Scap out the gas tubes and parts and use it strictly for wood and charcoal. Then buy a gas grill.

4) canabalize all the components and build a stone island with a drop in gas grill insert and use the drawers etc from this unit into the new island.

I would really like to find a gas/charcoal combonation grill but from what I have read there is none manufactured that are worth a darn.

Any ideas will certainly be appreciated.

Attachments

• gas grill island.jpg
    gas grill island.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 5,332
I would be tempted to vote for number 4 but have heard a lot of folks brag of the virtues of a dead gasser as a charcoal grill. So guess I am a bit conflicted with #3. I have trouble making up my mind about stuff sometimes. If you just have to have a nasty old charcoal huffer..using the old gasser prob beat trying to buy some kinda exotic combo unit. In an ideal world think the base could be used to support a Smokin Tex electrical bbq smoker..then you could go buy a Weber gasser. There ya go.

Back
Top Bottom