Help! Ruined hubby's grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newtogrilling

Assistant Cook
My husband just started grilling and I'm afraid I messed up the grill. I opened it a couple of weeks ago and there was a wasp hive inside. If I'm stung by a wasp, it's a very serious ER trip for me so... I ran inside, grabbed a can of RAID, and sprayed the heck out of it.

I know. I should not have done that. All my searching online just says "Do not do that, ever." But I did and I am not sure how to clean it. Any advice would be so helpful.

If you need the information - we have a four burner propane grill. The hive was pretty much in the center, on that top grate that you can use for warming buns and such (it probably has a name). But I pretty much sprayed the WHOLE thing.

Thank you SO much in advance for any help!

You need a hard whupping young lady. Why dont you call the 800 number on the back of the can and see what they say about it. I do not know what kinda half life the stuff has. Knock that kinda bizness off in the future:) If you get bit by a wasp take Benadryl. You got one of the afflelitic (sic) shock kits? You need to keep one on hand. I got a story about this drunk buddy who had the same problem as you. We were walking in an alley and stopped to rest when he got bit by the wasp. We rushed to a pals house who had some wheels and rushed him to the ER where he started puking from too much whiskey and beer. They finally got him inside and gave him a tetanus shot. What a deal huh? Dumb doctor must have graduated in the lower fifty percent of his class in Med School. About half em them do that ya know? Anyway he is alive and well last I checked. This happen back in high screwl. Wasps are very beneficial insects. They love grub worms.

Hi Newt! You didn't ruin anything a good hit fire won't cure. Next time, just fire up the grill and it will do the work for you. Do as Said above. Then, lay aluminum foil across the entire top of the grates and turn it to its highest setting That should get the temp up enough to clean it out for you. Then do whatever Mr Wheeler says! Good luck, and don't worry.

Thank you all!

I do have an Epi-Pen, but luckily have never used it. My brother has been stung once and it was a horrible ordeal. I never thought of just setting the bugger on fire. Good call!

newtogrilling said:
Thank you all!

I do have an Epi-Pen, but luckily have never used it. My brother has been stung once and it was a horrible ordeal. I never thought of just setting the bugger on fire. Good call!
That's why we pay the the big bucks. They's worth it.

Back
Top Bottom