Help a noob choose a grill (Now with PHOTOS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smokehouse said:
Finney said:
...... The forum is very boring compared to this one, and here you get a better, more rounded view on BBQing.

Boring?? Really??
2.gif

Smokebored
Ahhhhhhh....................................................... YES

Grill and smoker have arrived. Went to costco and loaded up on meat, however I think I made a mistake when I picked out my brisket. They didn't have any out in cryovac so I picked one out that they had trimmed. Problem is that it looks like they cut the point off. woops. Here are some pics I took. I couldn't get the kettle legs all the way in. I mean, they are in, just not hitting the kettle like the instructions show. Gotta work on that in better daylight. And possibly a major problem which I didn't notice until after I had it nearly assembled and flipped it over. One of the handles is bent. And on the inside of the kettle there's bare metal where the handle meets the unit. Is this something I need to be concerned with at all? Rather not have to ship it back. Sorry for the varying sizes...playing with Photobucket. :grin:

img_25992_0_fc27efb6e1f69d9473595c0f922bfdc5.jpg

img_25992_1_4f7d2b86659f54efa1d64de06304d105.jpg

img_25992_2_e6d2fd800cf00d34fba69f2bc8f04329.jpg

Bent Handle
img_25992_3_00b9cc9124d7d703bb6b02e9a115f17a.jpg

Inside kettle
img_25992_4_3a967d18089721866c5b13dea51e86c8.jpg

You have an outdoor fireplace??? I HATE you!! :grin: :grin: :grin: That bent handle looks pretty bad. I'd call Weber's CS in the AM and see what they say. They'll make it right for sure. :(

The Joker said:
You have an outdoor fireplace??? I HATE you!! :grin: :grin: :grin: That bent handle looks pretty bad. I'd call Weber's CS in the AM and see what they say. They'll make it right for sure. :(

Yep, that was the big selling point for me on the new house. Covered deck with outdoor fireplace. =D> I will give Weber a call, thanks for the suggestion.

Very nice! Now, when you take pics of your cooks, you're gonna have ta frame them so that we see many different angles of that OUTDOOR FIREPLACE you have there.. :( :( :( Congrats on your new additions!

WOW. Amazing customer service. The guy at Weber didn't even ask me where I purchased it or for any proof of purchase. I described it to him, he looked at a floor model, and said he'll send me out a new bottom kettle with new handles. :eek: I'm just floored by their level of service. Thanks for the suggestion to call tonight.

You didn't wait long, did ya!! :grin: :grin: Glad it's workin' out! :(

kidsmoke said:
WOW. Amazing customer service. The guy at Weber didn't even ask me where I purchased it or for any proof of purchase. I described it to him, he looked at a floor model, and said he'll send me out a new bottom kettle with new handles. :eek: I'm just floored by their level of service. Thanks for the suggestion to call tonight.

Wow...Weber is great. There may be better grills out there, but the availability of parts and accessories throughout the country, and that
kind of fantastic customer service is why I always reccomend Weber.

Those will last you for years, and you'll still use em when you graduate
up to a big honking pit like a Gator. Congrats!!

Captain Morgan said:
kidsmoke said:

Wow...Weber is great. There may be better grills out there, but the availability of parts and accessories throughout the country, and that
kind of fantastic customer service is why I always reccomend Weber.

Those will last you for years, and you'll still use em when you graduate
up to a big honking pit like a Gator. Congrats!!

Cappy, which if any would you consider better?

Just a comment, no basis to it. I don't know of any grills in the same price range and size that are comparable. You can get cheaper.
You can spend more. The Vikings and the Vermont Castings are rated higher than Weber's gassers. I've never tried em, but they are out there.
No need to try em at this point. I 99.9 percent certain they can't improve my product.

Yeah I bought from Grill Guys. They used UPS for shipping. I don't think UPS had anything to do with the damaged grill handle, both boxes are fine.

Another question. So I got a brisket and 2 pork butts sitting in my fridge. Was planning on cooking yesterday but this stupid cold is kicking my butt. Can I leave the meat in the fridge until this weekend or do I need to freeze them?

They say it's not good to refreeze thawed meats. I stick my meats in the cold drawer in the frig and sometimes I will keep it there a month or so without any problems. Of course this drawer is very cold. Sometimes I even get a little frost on the meat. You should be fine.

TexLaw said:
kidsmoke said:
Another question. So I got a brisket and 2 pork butts sitting in my fridge. Was planning on cooking yesterday but this stupid cold is kicking my butt. Can I leave the meat in the fridge until this weekend or do I need to freeze them?

How long have you had it in there? If it is still in the cryovac, then you should have no worries for a couple weeks after you put it in the fridge. If it isn't in the cryovac, then you need to be careful. If you have it in the coldest part of your fridge, then you probably will be okay until the weekend. No matter what, you need to check it.

TL

How do I check it? Just looking for any discoloration?

Man Weber is a great company. Called them to get their shipping address so I could send back the broken bottom half of my One touch gold. They told me to just set it out front and they'll send Fedex to pick it up Monday. I've never dealt with a more friendly, customer service oriented business.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom