Grilling Steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Gonna get the fire hot hot and throw a few nice ribeyes on for a few min per side.

Does everyone agree that this is the right way ?

Does the tenderloin method apply to 1" cuts of ribeyes ?

Does everyone cook steaks direct over the fire ?

Just thought I would start a thread. ;)

I took the question mark out of the title since I am done cooking.

I grilled them direct for a couple of min on each side over blazing hot coals and a little chunk of hickory. I then spun the rack around to indirect and put a probe in the center of one of them. I watched it until it hit 150 then ran and got a plate just in time to get them off at 156.

The only thing about cooking over charcoal is getting all cuts to come out the same. I suppose it is an art anyhow. One of them came out a little more rare than I like but just right for the wife. :D

Well this quick grilling is indeed a black art of some type. The only way I have figgered out how to cook one is to apply your seasoning about 30 mins in advance and get the fire up as hot as it will go with the lid down. Throw em in there and cook six mins per side (speaking of good thick steak here of course)..then you stab it sideways with the Wally World instant read gauge with big numerals for old blind guys and when It checks 150 wrap it in tinfoil and let it rest in the oven till its time to eat. Comes out "usually" the way we like em..hot pink center. Whut is even better than eating the steak is dipping slices of Mrs. Bairds white bread down in the juice left over in the foil. Wowser..me and big brudder got into some big fights over who got the last sop of that stuff. Dont even get me started on how many times he whupped my booty over who got the gizzard out of the fried chicken.

bigwheel

No fightin, but I don't like to pierce the steaks till i'm eatin. I go the touch method.

There used to be a guy who posted on this site
named Finney. He cooks his steak opposite of
the sear and indirect method.

He goes indirect and then sears at the end.

Back
Top Bottom