Grilling Gameday GRUB!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckeye_Nut

Senior Cook
Wow...what a beautiful day!! I played golf in shorts for the first time this year, it's sunny 70's outside, I'll be watching BB all day....including the Buckeyes game vs George Mason!!! So far so good.....18holes of golf.....check that off the list. A I have plenty of BBall-watching Eats.....check.

I picked up some massive catfish fillets. My local store always has killer fillets.....Three of them weighed in at 2.65lbs!!
img_234654_0_cbfedbfa2d0932f0e86461a0ea3546f2.jpg

I seasoned with a Lemon & Pepper dry rub that also has some onion, garlic, sugar and some other stuff. It should be full of YUMMMM!!

One quick question......will the citric acid in the dry-rub break down the meat if I let it sit on the fish for 3hrs? I know you don't want fish sitting in a marinade more than 30 minutes........does the same go for dry rub???

Anyway....so far so good.

Buckeye_Nut said:
Wow...what a beautiful day!! I played golf in shorts for the first time this year, it's sunny 70's outside, I'll be watching BB all day....including the Buckeyes game vs George Mason!!! So far so good.....18holes of golf.....check that off the list. A I have plenty of BBall-watching Eats.....check.

I picked up some massive catfish fillets. My local store always has killer fillets.....Three of them weighed in at 2.65lbs!!
img_234658_0_cbfedbfa2d0932f0e86461a0ea3546f2.jpg

I seasoned with a Lemon & Pepper dry rub that also has some onion, garlic, sugar and some other stuff. It should be full of YUMMMM!!

One quick question......will the citric acid in the dry-rub break down the meat if I let it sit on the fish for 3hrs? I know you don't want fish sitting in a marinade more than 30 minutes........does the same go for dry rub???

Anyway....so far so good.

Those look fantastic......not sure about the citric acid though. But Wolfe Rub Citrus, will not break down the meat if left on 3 hours or overnight and is excellent on fish, pork, poultry and vegetables.

Larry Wolfe said:
Those look fantastic......not sure about the citric acid though. But Wolfe Rub Citrus, will not break down the meat if left on 3 hours or overnight and is excellent on fish, pork, poultry and vegetables.

That's good to hear......I kinda' figured they'd be OK. I plan to leave them in the fridge for the afternoon and fire them up around halftime. Quick and easy......so I can focus my efforts on drinking beer and watching the game. Heheh

I don't think I could make it to half time, or even the start. Looks good, sounds good, and can't wait for more pix.

Haha.....yea, Sunday was a pretty good day. I enjoyed the fish, but my wife said it was too salty.
img_234789_0_dfe3fc446e6f775deb25f1cb8e93ff45.jpg

I apparently had enough beer in me to mask the taste of salt. :LOL:

I'm already thinking about what to do for Friday game-night!! ..may something simple like BBQ chicken breasts tenderloin again. If I do something new, it may be lamb or stuffed chops.

Hey thanks....

Me luvz catfish!! IMO...my favorite is a spicy Cajun style. The lemon/pepper is all good....but Cajun rocks!!

Catfish looks good. How much sugar did you use though? Just a bit to add a hint of sweetness, or did you try to make that flavor a bit more dominant?

Back
Top Bottom