Grilled tenderloin. What to stuff with

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tannehill Kid

Head Chef
Bought me a pork tenderloin today to grill this weekend and was wondering what yalls favorite thing to stuff them with is? A friend of mine made me one of those pvc pipes notched out to core the tenderloin with. Got that idea off of the forum too.

A forum member who posted here quite often a while back, my cousin Glenn R, said his favorite thing to do with a pork tenderloin is to deep fry it. Pretty sure there is a recipe for it here too! Said it is the best pork he has ever had... :D

Grind or dice the meat from the core & season the hell out it (like makin a overly spiced sausage meat) Use slap ya mama or tonys with garlic & green onions saute till cooked through & stuff that into the core hole. I wouldn't put it in raw, the outer meat will dry out before the core meat is cooked.

apple stuffing... sautee Diced apples, & diced onion, add a little seasoning of your choice and a little apple cider then some stovetop stuffing til it gets to the right consistancy. after stuffing, rub your pork with a sweet rub, ( wolferub is great for this one) Grill or smoke at 300 til 145 and let rest. or about the last 15 min of cooking add a glaze also.

by the way... you don't really have to core it... just run a knife through it in a cross pattern from both ends and stuff

Man..... this thread..... No END.
So many things....
Mmmm.....

I'll add smoked cheddar, shrooms, asparagus, robed in pancetta or prosciutto ....not all inclusive...but some of my favs.

Meat rolled in fresh rosemary, garlic, and rough cracked black pepper... sliced on the bias.... Mmmmm!

Tannehill Kid said:
When coring the tenderloin what size pipe are yall using. I used a 3/4 and think a 1" would be better.

I didn't even use a pipe. Do like Gary said, just cut an "X" into it and stuff. After I cut the "X", i ran my hands into it to make sure it was open all the way. I had to cut from both ends.

Back
Top Bottom